170 lb boar

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Made a solo run Wednesday night to a property I have hunted a couple of times.
I parked the truck, got my gear ready and scanned for critters with the Pulsar HD38A.
-
Without even leaving the truck, I see 40+ hogs upwind from me. The group is feeding south to north, wind is out of the SW and favorable to me so I move for the shot.
Setup the tripod at about 80 yards, turn on the video recorder, and scan for targets...
-
I dropped one boar, shot and hit two more that didn't fall, before the group crossed onto the neighbors property.
The tape on the boar reads just over 37 inches... about 170 lbs. A good dead, and stinking boar - so no knife work on this one. My next encounter will plan to take Todd's advice, and shoot the lead sow near the property line... maybe they will run toward me, instead of the neighbors land.
-
Oh yeah - when I got home, checked my SD card from the video recorder... I have audio, but no video - crap. Gotta be operator error.

2016.02.18%203.jpg

-

Dennis

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job !! A down boar is a good thing... M'be two more is even "more gooder". Fresh meat next time.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job Dennis, that's a nice size hog! I haven't been out in a while, getting antsy.