Will night vision work in wooded areas

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, just the first time in my life I have not had $$ to spend. You have to take care of the family first! AMEN!
It would make you sick the $$ we lost in the real estate crash in FL. I hope none of you are put in a position we got ourselves in. That is right, I blame me and nothing else, but I did try! We are not poor by any stretch so don't feel sorry for us but it did destroy stellar credit ratings and we lost 90% of our retirement. With no jobs here I cannot even go back to work at 64 so I hog hunt and have fun instead on a budget...OK no more pity party!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I would like to say thanks for all the replies, PM's, etc

I've decided that I'm going to go with:

PVS-14
Complete Helmet with. mount
IR Laser sight

Later I will add a thermal hand held . For now I will see who can get me the best package deal so I can get with the program.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would like to say thanks for all the replies, PM's, etc

I've decided that I'm going to go with:

PVS-14
Complete Helmet with. mount
IR Laser sight

Later I will add a thermal hand held . For now I will see who can get me the best package deal so I can get with the program.
You will not be disappointed. Best thing I have done. Now I have not had time to use my thermal scope yet except to spot. Need to find time to mount and shoot. Soon I hope.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Since I totaled my truck which would've been paid for in May, I'll have to postponed.

All in all could've been worse and at least I wasn't injured.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry to hear that at least you were not hurt!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Not the first, second or third time:

A year or so ago, my wives car was hit from behind by a drunk driver which totaled both cars.

He ran off, called in his car as being stolen, had no insurance and only one witness, but couldn't ID the driver because it was to dark.

Some years before that a drunk drive hit another car of our while parked and the drive took off , but my brother jumped the fence and caught the guy. Long story short, guy was out of jail for prior DWI's, suspended license and no insurance.

Amen to not getting hurt, but it makes me sick (life in the big city, I guess) .

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
People are not paying attention behind the wheel, here is small towns too!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hope all goes well for ya. Maybe you should look into a Mack for your next vehicle.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No fun. Glad you are ok.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I bought a new F150 extended cab, 5.0l, loaded, vinyl flooring, spray in bed liner, tinted windows, and tow package for 26k with 2.9% interest.

After doing some research, talking with others and actually handling a Pulsar N750 in the store, etc for my son-in-law, I decided to get me one since the truck thing set me back a bit. Oh and finding out my wifes schooling is going to set me back 10-15k next two years.

I have open areas that I can call from so this setup should at least get me in the game along being able to record my hunts, etc at a price that I can afford now :)

Just thought I would follow-up and say thanks to all for advice, concerns, etc and let everyone know how it all worked out.

PS: I have an aluminum diamond plate tool box, bed rails and tailgate off a Ford Ranger for sale

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to see you rolling again! I like the new truck!! I want a 4dr 150 but can't afford one, my small Dakota will have to do for now!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
I've had more 4x4's then most will and always put myself in places I didn't belong stuck where a winch didn't help.

Now I leave my truck parked on dry land, take the ATV or use my two feet to get me there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I meant 4 door, I need the room