LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Appears our members could have made such a series

Last edited:

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw the original promo and watched each day for new vids to come out. I think they are well done, but basically of little use except maybe as an explanatory tool to show landowners some of their options and how we, as "strategic hunters" can help. In that regard, the vids aren't bad. I was sorry they dedicated so little information to the hunting aspect as compared to the trapping aspect.

Obviously, you could do a couple of hours on each subject and still not cover the topic adequately, so they are what they are, sound byte overviews.

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I saw the original promo and watched each day for new vids to come out. I think they are well done, but basically of little use except maybe as an explanatory tool to show landowners some of their options and how we, as "strategic hunters" can help. In that regard, the vids aren't bad. I was sorry they dedicated so little information to the hunting aspect as compared to the trapping aspect.

Obviously, you could do a couple of hours on each subject and still not cover the topic adequately, so they are what they are, sound byte overviews.

Yes that is exactly what they were intended as. Hunting was not focused on as they are made with the absentee land owner in mind and for areas near populated areas where night hunting may not be the safest option.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes that is exactly what they were intended as. Hunting was not focused on as they are made with the absentee land owner in mind and for areas near populated areas where night hunting may not be the safest option.

That sounds a bit disappointing. I don't doubt what you say is accurate. So they bill the series as a holistic and then provide target audience-limited content without actually describing it as such. Hmmmm.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So they bill the series as a holistic and then provide target audience-limited content without actually describing it as such. Hmmmm.
I thought that was implied when it said TAMU.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That sounds like the Japanese saying that a person who climbs Mt Fuji is a wise person, one who climbs it twice is a fool. I'm not going to say how many time I climbed it.:confused:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No, "TAMU" implies that the traps would be installed upside down and backwards. I graduated from there, twice. :confused:
Didn't learn the first time? LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sounds like the Japanese saying that a person who climbs Mt Fuji is a wise person, one who climbs it twice is a fool. I'm not going to say how many time I climbed it.:confused:
In your fling-wing doesn't count.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Did that too. Actually the photo evidence has me in a starched wing.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I left there in 1985......so, yeah it's pretty old. A funny thing happened just a couple days ago though. I don't do face plant thing, so a friend of mine tagged my wife with a photo from another site where some guys were talking about Japan and had a photo of a helicopter and an airplane with Mt. Fuji in the background. My wife asked me if I was familiar with the picture. I told her I was the pilot of the airplane so, yeah, I was very familiar. I also knew of one of the crew members being talked about. Although these guys were there after I had left.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was their story fairly straight? LOL

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yeah, they were just reminiscing about different people who served in the unit. It was a small tight group.

I think we got a long way off topic from hog control videos.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Same expression but less hair today.