Where to go

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So I used to have a place to hunt on private land but the friend sold the land and moved up north. I have taken my tree stand to a few different WMA's but there are always so many people around its hard to get anything to come out of hiding.

Anyone know of guides that aren't charging a small fortune? Private lease to rent time on? Anything like that. I have looked at a bunch of guides but they all charge outrageous fees for everything.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How far do you want to travel?? I am looking to make a trip to TX and hunt along the way, trading off hunts on my lease. I think I will make a 2-3 week trip out of it, IH10 thru FL, Alabama, MS, La and Texas! It will be fun making new hunting buddies!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When do you plan to do this trip?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This winter sometime, hopefully before it gets too cold, but cool enough to hold down the skeeters. I am not much of a deer hunter so would not mind disrupting my season here to hunt hogs in a variety of areas.

I need to do it this year I think as the owner of our lease wants to give me the lease next year which would make being gone a bit more of a problem.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You will have to let me know more about it. Could be an interesting trip

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think it would be fun, get to meet other members, share some hunting together, then see them again when they come to my place! Friendships!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's what it's all about these days. Once you look more into it and decide you will have to let me know. It not hard for me to get time off work either and I could use a vacation

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
When I decide you will see a post on it, need to get a TX hunt planned first then will fill the rest in. The only thing I am not sure of is with the trade if I could get 2 hunters or will be limited to just myself.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No problem, ill keep an eye out for it.

I went to the fwc website and checked out some of the summer hunts they have posted. Short windows and from what I hear, long lines to get in the WMA's to hunt

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I sign up every year but have more to do at my lease than I have time for, I know my lease not the WMA and no baiting, so i never go.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm not even going to try to go. Seems like a waste of time. I am going to make it up to GA for fall hunting at some point. The land I go to doesn't have hogs though and I doubt my friend and his dad want me trying to bring them in lol. They have beautiful food plots for deer. I have no idea when that will be though

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
GA and no hogs? wow, did not know that was possible.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have put up trail cams and feeders. Not a single hog in any picture. It's up by cordele, ga