What rechargable cr123 batteries do you use?

JeremyV

LSB Member
I got my zeus scope and an external battery pack however in the thick brush and stuff I don't want the battery pack on there so was wondering if there are any decent rechargable cr123 batteries that I could throw in there.

Thanks

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have not heard of a good 123 rechargeable, sorry

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Right, most rechargeable 123s only hold 600 or 700 mah (as opposed to 1500-1550 for good non-rechargeables). With such low mah, they may be good for flashlights and such, but not good for thermal scopes that have much higher demands.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We get them from several different sources. IMO no matter which brand you buy,they are all made in China anyway.
We buy in bulk (40-100 at a time) and get them for $.93 - $.99 each,plus free shipping.
IMO,too cheap to go the save and recharge route. ---pruhdlr

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We get them from several different sources. IMO no matter which brand you buy,they are all made in China anyway.
We buy in bulk (40-100 at a time) and get them for $.93 - $.99 each,plus free shipping.
IMO,too cheap to go the save and recharge route. ---pruhdlr

Which brands and where are you finding them? I got some for around that off amazon a while back, silver color label, don't recall the brand off hand but seemed ok performance wise.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Battery Junction . . $.85 EACH. Best deal that I have ever seen.
Buy a bunch and split them with a buddy. --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Energizer Lithium CR123A seem to be the best and their prices have gone up to 1.30 for 1500 Mah 50+, The tenergy and other @ 1400 mah are .80's...not sure what that means as I stick with energizer and they use to be .85 for 50+

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Tenergy worked ok for me also.
Right now I am using Titanium Inovations and just ordered some more.
The only thing that I have (that I actively use) that uses 123 batts is my thermal. My unit uses 3 at a time. At the price,I rarely change them out in the field. I usually do that before I leave home to save the fumbling around in the dark.
My thermal will get an honest 5 hours of use out of a set of batts. That,and I also do quite a bit of NUC'ing while hunting.Especially on those nights with quite a bit of ground fog and/or the humidity is well over 85%. --- pruhdlr

JeremyV

LSB Member
Thanks for the info guys.

I got the streamlight from Amazon but they are $20 for 12. I'll try ordering a huge box from battery junction.