WHAT IS TLM doing this WEEKEND!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Today is the first darn day it hasn't rained here in NM for awhile , thought for a while I lived in the tropics.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Raining hard here now lots of Thunder roads are flooded. Sitting waiting for a break.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Radar show the middle getting slammed pretty good and the NW is having some bad stuff also. Down here on the coast looks like it will be a while before it makes it here although we did have one nice down pour earlier today. Forecast is saying pretty much every thing is under some type of flood something. Be safe out there!! SWIM SWIM!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got some good video of a sounder out in a wheat field during the rain with the units man its just not a good night for thermal.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Hasn't been a good few weeks lol. Well hopefully works out somewhat. Need moisture, but damn, not all in a couple weeks. Doesn't make hunting any fun.

How are the mosquitoes?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well now the rain is blowing sideways and my truck is rocking tornado alert is going guess it's time to call it a night lol

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Was looking at radar by you, that's ugly, I'd be heading for cover lol

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have standing water where my tree stand is. Yesterday the mosquitoes were so thick walking through there I had to hold my breath so I wouldn't suck them in. Seriously, hundreds of millions of them, a literal black cloud and they were big ones, never seen anything like it. Like a Biblical plague.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Texas we are getting your rain here too and over 60% of the next week...OK we do need the rain! Dan I have a couple of head nets for that!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Texas we are getting your rain here too and over 60% of the next week...OK we do need the rain! Dan I have a couple of head nets for that!
I actually had one in my side pants pocket and didn't realize it until I got back to the truck. Brilliant.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rough hunting when you're constantly wet. The mosquitos are the worst though, I'd much rather be wet and have no bugs !

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Almost stayed in tonight but glad I got out now. Thermal is simply amazing it's been so long since I've seen it without any rain it was worth getting out just to see the thermal in its full glory!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Yea want too bad as things are doing up before I left yesterday. My feeders are empty, but I did mess with settings a bunch and did recordings, need to see how it looks.

I did leave the blind one night and ran in to a sounder 30 yards away , they ran about 15 yards in front of me, scared the crap out of me after it sounded like a stampede and all the grunting noises. But gun was in the case, which I do in case I fall.