What hogs hear from suppressed sub loads

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I found this video on youtube . Everyone always asks me if the hogs can hear a suppressed rifle with subsonic ammo. I always tell them that if they don't hear the shot go off, they will hear the bullet hit the hog next to them. This video has shown me that even at 225 yards a subsonic bullet does make noise while in the air.

Don't mind the guys shooting. Apparently he was using iron sights and didn't know the holdover.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty cool, thanks

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
As far as I know they were shooting a Kris vector in 45 acp and a 300 black out AR. I didn't see anything about a JRC.

What are you referring to Lawman?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked like a jr carbine that he picked up to me. Wish they would just take mine back.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those .45s were nice and quiet.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Did we even watch the same video? I've watched it 3 times now and have not seen a gun up close to have a chance to see what it is.

You got me confuse Lawman.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well I have video editing software, and use a 55" monitor so it's easier for me to see things. I just paused it and zoomed in when he picks the rifle up. Looked like the outline of a jrc but the txt clearly says it's a Kriss. I did not know what a Kris was at the time. But now I understand it was the rifle.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
from your computer what do you use to toss the content to your TV, wired or wireless?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use Roku3. My cell phone hot-spot is my internet connection (wireless). From Roku, I can select YouTube. Log into my YouTube account on my computer, and once both are active, select "view on TV". Voila, I watch YouTube on my larger screen TV.

Between my "Digital" indoor antenna for broadcast signals, my Roku, and Hulu... the only thing I pay for on a monthly basis is my internet signal... which is my cell phone (I'm grandfathered in with unlimited data on my plan). If I opted for Hulu+ (or Netflix), I'd have a monthly fee for each of those services.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks RD, I have a hard time unhooking, both for what I watch and not understanding newer technology. We have apple TV and never turned it on, present to the wife from her son. Just wanted to see things on my TV from the computer 4' away, wireless if possible

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My video card for the PC has hd output through hdmi just like a blueray or DVD player. You can buy various length cables.

But back on topic I love the concept of this video. Think I will do this using a dead hog. But record from the shooters perspective, targets perspective, and from a given distance off the the side. I will shoot super and subs through various calibers!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That'd be a very nice video to add to your YouTube's library. M'be even with/without the can?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I like your idea about the video Lawman. I was wondering if you paused and zoomed in and that is how you got to see what kind of gun he was shooting.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I wish I had suppressors cause I'm hunting this weekend. If mine weren't still in atf jail I would hopefully be making some footage for you. I could do the unsuppressed part. If we find hogs anyway.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wish I had suppressors cause I'm hunting this weekend. If mine weren't still in atf jail I would hopefully be making some footage for you. I could do the unsuppressed part. If we find hogs anyway.

No that wont work it needs to be the same cameras and mics at the same points and as close to the same time as possible to be accurate.