Well... the Blow Gun Works

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Went out to the kitchen and heard some noise on the back porch. Turned on the light... damned corn thief poking around. Flung the door open and hissed at it. It scampered up the fence and roosted in the neighbor's Laurel bush.

Otay... time to make my point. Came inside and grabbed the blow gun, stuffed a plastic blunt in it and went back onto the back porch. Ricky was still perched on an open branch, so, I let it fly and tagged him in his rump.

Can't really do much more than that, since I have neighbors' houses only ten feet away on three sides. If I have to... a 330 conibear on the porch will enforce the point. LOL

Little bastages...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We're pretty thick with 'em around here... as well as possum. I think Ricky got the last word in last night though. I got up to get some coffee a few minutes ago, turned on the back porch light and looked out the window... the watering can is tipped over. So, it's "tag... I'm it." LOL

They've broken the lid of the neighbor's garbage can so they can get into it whenever they feel like it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You may need a dog-proof trap for fun....but it's hard to relocate them that way unless they get a permanent relocation from a pellet gun.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Careful Dan, you may be onto a little monster-creation here. A dog proof hand catch (well anchored), a catch pole, and my pellet gun could work just fine for such invasions. LOL I seem to recall tales of Rickies gimping around with their mitt caught in a dog proof hand catch that wasn't well anchored. How much are those things Dan?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They are like 15.00 and well worth it just for the entertainment!!! I have caught Opossums too! Not really a bonus unless you like a nasty marsupial with 8000 teeth and a bad stench.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm not above killin' a possum or three either. Nasty critters.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for that. So far... not seeing sign of it wandering back up onto my porch again. So, war hasn't been declared as of yet.

Lrtx1

LSB Member
I keep the barn cats food in a metal trash can. The coons would get the lid off quite easily. Then I bungee corded the lid on, while it wasn't as easy they still got it. Now I have the can tied up about 2 inches off the ground, every time the coons try to get to it it swings freely and they can't get the leverage need to get the lid off. Hours of quality entertainment to be had watching them. Then they magically dissappear.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for that. So far... not seeing sign of it wandering back up onto my porch again. So, war hasn't been declared as of yet.
Just because they aren't terrorizing you ..doesn't mean they don't have plans to terrorize you at some point which really means that we want to entice you to take the war to them so we can get a cheap thrill and see pictures! Woo hoo!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tired trapping some pesky coons tearing up my bird feeders only to end up with a skunk in the trap. My dauther and I dispatched the skunk. Last time I went trapping. No Bueno

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I tired trapping some pesky coons tearing up my bird feeders only to end up with a skunk in the trap. My dauther and I dispatched the skunk. Last time I went trapping. No Bueno
That's 'cause you forgot to post a sign: "No Polecats Allowed" in the area of the trap. (Ack)