W1000 vs Squirrels

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, that kick throws my shot off all the time. Always having to readjust the scope to hold zero

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
TLM is right. A spring powered pellet gun produces shock in the opposite direction of a normal rifle. It will actually destroy normal rifle Scopes. Be careful.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I doubt my little $20 pump BB gun will have any effect on anything

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What do you like best white hot or black. Seems to me white gives better definition . What ever I am looking at 300 + yards is either white or black. Almost looks deer size. Way to dark to confirm with PVS 14

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No sir I like black hot. Call me simple but in black hot the pigs are the same color as they are through the NV. For the most part.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
The crosshairs are a light color so they are easier to see with black hot. With white hot they get washed out.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No sir I like black hot. Call me simple but in black hot the pigs are the same color as they are through the NV. For the most part.

Oh ok many moons ago when we first used one I couldn't get you to use black hot always white hot. Glad my wisdom finally sank into that thick skull of yours! ;)

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lmao. You so full of it. Maybe in your old age you just thought that :D

The very first time I hunted with it was when we went to Pinehurst. It was on white hot that night but the more I used it the more I liked the black hot. It has nothing to do with the scope as you get to same definition. It is what works best for the shooter.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
old age my HAT...I only wish all this was going on and the gear we have now was available when I was your age!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lmao. You so full of it. Maybe in your old age you just thought that :D

The very first time I hunted with it was when we went to Pinehurst. It was on white hot that night but the more I used it the more I liked the black hot. It has nothing to do with the scope as you get to same definition. It is what works best for the shooter.

Yes this is when the buhdda TLM said try black hot I think you will like it better :)

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All I want to do is what is best I am having a hard time to figure what is best. The funny part right now I am only looking to see what is out there. I am seeing critter that were not there with PVS 14 dang lots more range on dark nights

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This might sound funny but I am practicing on what looks better so what the real deal presents it self I am ready.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only thing I have seen is the focus could be a little finer. But not a complaint. I have decided to use pocket warmer at 50 yds to sight in they are small so should be easy.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What is best is what you can see the best. Focus should be pretty fine play with the contrast that should get you definition.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great info I have contrast on auto. Will play with tonight to see what happens.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Eric so do you guys have the video cable for a lawmate PV-500 to the W1000-9?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We do have the video cable in stock but are currently out on the DVR's. I am at the station tonight so when I get to the shop I will check on the status of them.