Uvalde Hog Genocide The Trilogy

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Loved it, Thanks! I have been there before in the area and it is tough a place, I think this is the first helo video I have seen w this landscape. Were you allowed to let them lay or did a crew pick up the carcasses?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Loved it, Thanks! I have been there before in the area and it is tough a place, I think this is the first helo video I have seen w this landscape. Were you allowed to let them lay or did a crew pick up the carcasses?

Land owners simply wanted them dead. So we left them for the buzzards and coyotes

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that certainly make is easier, I would have gotten the cats for the pelts if easy to get.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
2nd one was as good as the first. When I see some running and the pilot does not turn around to go after them, did he not see them or was it maybe a deer or non target animal?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
2nd one was as good as the first. When I see some running and the pilot does not turn around to go after them, did he not see them or was it maybe a deer or non target animal?

Those were probably deer. There were a lot of them running around. Also, if you wonder why we pull off of hogs it's because we already shot them a couple of times and while they did not go down we did not want to waste time and ammo on hogs that were going to die so we would move to others.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, seem like ya'll let alot of ammo fly, it has to be much harder to get on target than it appears with a moving chopper, moving animals and no rest!

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks, seem like ya'll let alot of ammo fly, it has to be much harder to get on target than it appears with a moving chopper, moving animals and no rest!

It is certainly tough thats for sure. The key is to get an aggressive lean out of the helicopter, square up to the hogs with your shoulders, and keep your support arm locked out with a high grip. Once I remembered all this my one shot kills increased.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gonna have to watch those when I get a good connection.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent, I would have loved to have been plugged into the communications and ya'll's comments while shooting.

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
those are really nice videos. Looks like a lot of air time

What would you guess ?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
those are really nice videos. Looks like a lot of air time

What would you guess ?

We planned on 4 hours, but we wrapped up in about 3 hours. We pretty much shot the place out so we landed a little earlier than planned.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Was the Rancher satisfied w the kill #'s?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Was the Rancher satisfied w the kill #'s?

Yes, for the most part, he knows in about a year it will be over run again. It is located just east of the Nueces River so the hogs have a good deal of water.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet his deer hunting will be better next year! I did not see any crop fields that hogs would be tearing up, you know what his reason was for taking them out of such desolate country?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I bet his deer hunting will be better next year! I did not see any crop fields that hogs would be tearing up, you know what his reason was for taking them out of such desolate country?

They had a lot of cattle on the property. Pigs were tearing up the grazing pastures I guess. I bet deer hunting played a role in it as well.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have worked in the oil patch there , hunted and traveled through, never saw a hog years before (70's) sorts amazed in that dry environment, unless they floated the river, how or why they went there.