unfortunate story

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My dad shot a deer and took it to his processor. While there, the processor told my dad about a friend of his who had shot a hog under a feeder off his back porch a couple weeks back. he said the hog dropped in its tracks. apparently the man ( a bit older), went to sleep, woke up the next day, had his coffee and saw the hog laying there under the feeder where he had shot it. After his morning coffee, he got on his 4 wheeler and drove over to the hog. when he walked up to grab the hog, the hog jumped and knocked him to the ground. Said the hog proceeded to get on top of him trying to bite and kill the man. Said the man wrestled the hog with every oz of strength he had getting ripped up fighting that hog until the hog passed out and died again from what i assume was the wound opening back up and causing the boar to finally bleed out. I dont recall the total amount of stitches the guy had to get but it was a lot.. on his hands, face, and legs. the guy said it was he knew laying there wrestling that hog that it was either him or the hog.

Y'all have fun, but be careful out there.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Amazing... good reminder to be careful. Sure hope he heals quickly and fully w/o complications.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That's bad news
It's like them hogs you shoot and they lift a leg or there head comes up. Well you shoot them again and it gets up and runs off .

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is some bad luck. I've seen them go "dead" and get up a minute or 2 later but never all night. Crazy!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya I found it hard to believe too.. kinda challenged my dad on his story about the hog laying there overnight... and he said that he had said the same thing to the processor, Charlie. And Charlie confirmed.

Maybe it was a situation where the hog was shot after midnight and "picked up" around daylight??

I'll try to get more details

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
that was one tough old hog and old man...heck of a story

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That hog must be kin to the coyotes I shoot, I hit everyone one, but they still seem to run off.
Me too! I can't count the number of coyotes I've had hit the ground just to get up again and run off.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
crazy story ! Hope the guy is OK. They are tough.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Crazy! Hope the gentleman heals up quick.