Two boars in two minutes, big ole cutters

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
After I was done hunting with the Pure Hunting (www.purehunting.com) TV crew, I put in a couple of nights by myself and took 3 hogs.

The video is of the first two boars taken minutes apart. The video gives the details. One of these days I'll hook up a mic that is closer than 2' away on my computer lol.

159695359.jpg

159695323.jpg

I also took this 100 pound sow, but I jacked with video settings on my DVR and it didn't capture the video:

original.jpg

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck ya, way to go. That first one you shot had right rear leg troubles (it had the shakes!!) Nice shooting and love the close ups. He was one fury critter that is for sure, dang he was hairy!!. Nice video, thanks for posting, glad your battery held out. BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No shortage of hair on either one of those two hogs. Nice shootin' there Dave. Congrats.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great shooting! dropped em good. Were you sweating the battery going dead?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Nice. You could make some furry Mukluks out of those hogs and send them to R.D. so he doesn't freeze to death up there.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love me some mukluks. Got some made from caribou... VERY warm on the hooves.

Stepped through a weak spot in the ice (on a lake) back in the late 80s while wearing a pair my father made me. It took a while for my hoof to warm back up, but it was nice and warm all day long. Got home and wrung the water from my sock (foot was still THAT wet).

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm telling you RD, we are throwing away some of the best thickest toughest leather there is everyday. How about some Snake boots made from Hog shoulder? We could probably stop smashing little harp seals. lol We could just smash little Choppers instead.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm telling you RD, we are throwing away some of the best thickest toughest leather there is everyday. How about some Snake boots made from Hog shoulder? We could probably stop smashing little harp seals. lol We could just smash little Choppers instead.
Heeeey! Watch that.

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Interesting idea

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bad Chopper...Bad Chopper

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did you notice the new batteries on read half charge my Zeus does the same thing. Looked like GREAT wooly pigs from the ancient times. Nice shooting!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
there is a firmware upgrade that takes care of the battery meter issue, my 3x Zeus is fine, this was a 2x 640 42mm Zeus that Armasight sent me to use for the Pure Hunting show and they told me the battery meter reads wrong...so I hadn't checked batteries in awhile....

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great video Dave. That was very clear and I liked the bump to 2x. Just shows you how clear they can be.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice cutters on that hog and good shoot n.