Trail vs Apex

whitehotmist

LSB Member
What you see thru the scope will be the same as they have the same sensor. Main difference is the Trail has video recording, wifi streaming to a phone, and removable battery pack (this was a big one for me).

To the price of the Apex, make sure to add the price of an external battery.. or the price of a whole lot of CR123s..

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The firmware is a bit different as well. The Trail has a labelled menu system and the Apex relies on symbols. The Trail's firmware is user-updatable. If you hunt a lot, the battery issue will matter most. If you hunt infrequently, it won't really matter too much. One thing I really like about the Apex is the roller button to run through the key features (quick press) and menu (long press). I find it is one of the most easy systems to use.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What you see thru the scope will be the same as they have the same sensor. Main difference is the Trail has video recording, wifi streaming to a phone, and removable battery pack (this was a big one for me).

To the price of the Apex, make sure to add the price of an external battery.. or the price of a whole lot of CR123s..

Some sellers are including the external battery pack with the Apex models.