Took another Coyote

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This time no pics, after 2 hits she ran into the thick brush and I was not going in. It was real interesting, after putting some scents out, sow in heat, peanut butter and sticky catfish bait I got into the blind and called for an hour with a small cass creek hand held caller. Yotes are always around so figured they would be close.

I was through, going to move, truck was parked by the blind so I packed up, took one last look 200 yds to the feeder and out pops a yote..well great, rifle right here all ready, use the blind as a brace and shoot. At about 125yds she was coming straight for me never broadside so I decided to shoot, off safe, line her up and nothing, trigger is locked back like on safety. I flip it back and forth nothing and here I am popping out from behind the blind to aim and try to shoot. Drop the mag, unload the gun, charge and dry fire, it is ok, so load it up again and pop out once again, she is 75 or so yards and boom, front shot so not sure where it hit her but it did, she bolts for cover, 6yds away and I take another shot, spun her 360 and she continued into the brush. I walk down and look, blood and fur, tracks more blood but could not get in to find it.

Funny I would try to fix the gun and pop out to shoot, 5-6 times, she heard something but nothing to spook her, I was surprised she kept waling towards me not really alerting, she was looking right at me when I shot. I thought for a bit I was going to have to shoot here w the Glock 19 on my hip...now to try and fix the rifle.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We may have to rename you... "Deputy Dog".

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No kidding..all I knew was I was not going in the thick that I could not penetrate anyway with a possible wounded dog...had to come home due to the gun and my pistol has not gotten sighted in.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
These cats and dogs must really be feeling sorry for you guys...they get as close as they can for you!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That keeps things spicy, nothing like a hungry critter and a non functioning gun to make you think.... "what this a good idea?"

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah I took the glock 19 into the brush, then around to a trail past it and no body, so no pics...I must have not fully charged the bolt and set the trigger, cannot make it act up again so think it is ok but at the time I did not know that.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good going I do not think you will have to worry about that critter by the sound of it. Any hunting story is a good one. BANG BANG!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I know, I know