LoneStarBoars Supporter
tap, tap, tap

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So.... how was it?
Have not hunted yet. Had to work cattle castrating, and culling calves. About to go looking tonight.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well doesnt that sound like more fun

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
oh oysters for dinner!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm out here now weather seems perfect nice breeze from the south. Tons of deer and skunks but not a single pig yet. And no new rooting since the last time I was here.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The deer scared off all the hogs

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, that has been happening at my place. Late summer the turkeys seemed to scare off all the hogs and deer. Now that I don't have so many turkeys, the deer seem to be scaring off the hogs. This just ain't right. The END is near! Prepare!

Harris hawker

LSB Member
Quick story about animals scaring another off.
I have a friend who owns an exotic ranch.
He has axis and a bunch of exotic sheep and goats.
We were pig hunting out there close to his feeder.
There were huge white tail and axis deer eating, then his ram Iranian red sheep decide its time to eat.
All of a sudden it's like a bike gang rolls into town.
The deer part like the Red Sea!!
A lot of them take off.
All I could hear in my head was George thorogoods,
BBBBBBBBBBBAD, BBBBBBBBBBAD, bad to the bone!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
deer are thick here and turkey are everywhere, even the occasional bear, all eating my hog corn! But here they are, hogs all time of day and night, no corn on the ground but they attack the roll barrels w zeal!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I ended up going to three ranches last night no sign on the first two, the third they had rooted up really bad since I was there last. But did not see one single hog, covered a lot of ground thousands of acres spotted hundreds of deer and lots of coyotes. Even walked the thick bottoms where they bed down. Two of the ranches are a twenty minute drive from each other the third was 45 minutes away. So it was not a small area sample.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounds like you did everything you could. Sometimes you just can't catch them at the right time.

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I ended up going to three ranches last night no sign on the first two, the third they had rooted up really bad since I was there last. But did not see one single hog, covered a lot of ground thousands of acres spotted hundreds of deer and lots of coyotes. Even walked the thick bottoms where they bed down. Two of the ranches are a twenty minute drive from each other the third was 45 minutes away. So it was not a small area sample.
I guess you didn't hear about the annual hog ball over in Montague county last night. They will make the trek back in a few days.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well darn, I am used to not doing enough to find them, looks like you tried it all!

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I was out last night worked 2 properties deer & varmints no hogs. Wind was moderate to harsh all night long. Really weird sporadic rain drops. No real rain just random globs of rain drops?!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well darn, I am used to not doing enough to find them, looks like you tried it all!
With my limited hunting time these days have to put 110% in!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Face mask too? How cold is it?