Tiny but deadly.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Back in the day, when I was in Kotzebue, AK... it was quite popular for the locals to push for status, by killing with the smallest caliber they could. .17 Remington was a popular one. I almost bought a bolt action in that caliber... not being able to push a .22 cleaning rod down the tube just wasn't right. LOL So, I opted for a .22-250 instead. Lots of caribou fell to the .17 Remington, however.

Impressive kill for that tiny feller, especially with such a small amount of powder behind it.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bought one of those in a Savage bolt action for my wife. The stock was flimsy so I filled it with epoxy and painted it pink(ish) and it is a tack driver. A friend uses one for hogs on his place and it's great for shooting them at a feeder where they are standing still a bit longer.17 wsm.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love it, I have a 22 in an AR a Sig 522, would love to have that...another great video in the new format

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot and 1 round KO on that guy! Enjoyed the vid ... happy hunting boss man!

dman62

LSB Member
That was awesome! Nice shot. If you brain or spine them it doesn't take a lot to put an animal down. That is a sweet rifle and really quiet with that can. Should work really well close to houses. Feral cats beware!

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Nice video! ;)

That was a good shot! With that caliber I suppose you only have one chance and on a still hog. If you miss by a few inches or the hog starts running...I´d rather have a bigger caliber.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i was hesitant to open this after seeing the title. i was afraid it was a story about your member.
From a guy with a busted bolt, who's now guilty of "Assault with a Dead Weapon".