They Get Knocked Down, But They Get Up Again

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
what ammo were you shooting? and always carry spare mags with you, nice sounder right there

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
looks like a mighty fun hunt! and my goodness what a good picture in that scope!

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
what ammo were you shooting? and always carry spare mags with you, nice sounder right there

Frank I'm using the Hornady 120 SST. I only put 20 rounds in the 30 round Barrett magazine to reduce weight. LOL never again.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well that is the right ammo, double tap I guess remember running you are not making precise shots. Never run out of ammo, learned that in Vietnam!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You did good! Fun times!

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes. Always carry spare (topped) off mag in your hip pocket.

I agree about the scope. Very clear especially when zoomed in. What model?

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DANGGG!!!! THUD THUD THUD!! You smacked a few out of that bunch. I am sure they are dead somewhere. Nice going!! Good shootin! BANG BANG!!

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks. It's not very often I run into sounders that big out here. So I didn't think too much about having more ammo on hand.

Scope is a Zeus 640 42mm.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Have videos from Armasight scopes always had the Flir logo in them like that?

I don't remember seeing that before, I probably just didn't pay attention. But when I saw it your video I thought to myself that Flir has really upped their game in their RS scope lineup.

Bacon8tor

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I bought it in December of last year. Might have been after FLIR bought Armasight and made the scopes say flir instead of armasight.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It looks good. Thanks.

I like how it holds its clarity throughout the zoom range.

My local dealer had a new Flir scout3 640 earlier this summer that I've played with one night. It also held its clarity through out the zoom range nicely. It was a lot better than other Flir thermals I had used. I'll bet flir quietly made some improvements to their lineup?

You're looks very good too!!

Last edited:

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice going, clearly there were several more that were hit and didn't make it too far.

Keep After 'Em!