Thermal rangefinder??

nated

Is there a hand held thermal rangefinder available on the market? I'm looking for simple, not something linking up to a scope and moving crosshairs uncommanded. thanks,

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Hum, thermal is one technology ... LRF is another technology. laser range finders use ir-lasers, so they are two different beasts. You might be able to mount a thermal spotter to an (ir) laser range finder, but it might be more unwieldy than just keeping the devices separate. I keep them separate.

If I use the LRF for night hunting at all, I do it in the area before the critters show up. No time once they do. But I've found my TEO reticles have reticle peices of 18 and 36 inches (at 100yds) which can be used to quickly estimate distances to the point of 200, 250, 300 yds anyway.
I use 50/200 zero (or as close to that as I can get with the cartridge in question) ... so that usually means under 2 inch variation out to around 200 yards. Beyond 200yds, maybe 6 inches drop at 300yds (with TSX 62gr 5.56 for instance) but only 2 inches drop at 250yds. So if I am not going to shoot beyond 300yds, then the only distances I really need help with are those beyond 250yds. Am I at around 300yds ? Am I rather beyond 300yds? Am I at around 250yds or below. And I think I can use the reticles to answer that question.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I bet this is what OP was dreaming of ... :)

1434555147654.jpg

gIqjDLJl.jpg

But as to "commercially available" ... I would not bet on it.

I had not seen this before!!

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
Go to *******************, and check out the new pulsar Apex LFR XQ38 it's priced at 2,999.99. I don't know the specs on it, just give ******** a call and he will fill in all the blanks.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
... Is there a hand held thermal rangefinder available on the market? I'm looking for simple, not something linking up to a scope ...

Oh boy ... oh boy ... I finally found one ... that you can probably actually BUY ... well ... if you have the coin ... ;)

Sentinel-1-600x600.jpg

Price?

The 384 model is a mere $26.5K shown price on OP ... with the 640 model (9hz) coming in at shown price of $30.5K ...

Newcon Optik SENTINEL LRF Thermal Laser Rangefinder Binocular !

Hum, so using those pulsar scopes as handheld thermal laser range finders might not be such a bad idea ! :D

Made in Canda ...