The stare down

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
all I needed is some The Good The Bad & The Ugly music playing in the back ground.
129244588097355b955dece16eb69bb3_zpsjkduiinp.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use to have lots of coons, now there are none, what eats or runs them off?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use to have lots of coons, now there are none, what eats or runs them off?
How's the invasive snake population in your area?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
all I needed is some The Good The Bad & The Ugly music playing in the back ground.
129244588097355b955dece16eb69bb3_zpsjkduiinp.jpg

The corn thief hoe-down.... "Ya put yer left hoof in..."

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank might be to morth for,the Anconda in South FLORIDA that are everywhere

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD we only have native snakes and not many of them as the hogs kill and eat them. You talking about the boas? we are too far north actually freezes here.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Boas, pythons, cobras... yes, more so in So. Florida. One documentary I watched suggested they were working north. That was a couple of years ago, and why I was curious as to a rise in reports in your area.

Hurricanes and pet stores, bad mix. I hear a lot of "exotics" got loose when hurricane damage gave them the opportunity... as well as the people who THINK owning one of those is "cool"... until they become more than they can handle and just turn 'em loose.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah when Homestead was destroyed that sorts started it and then the pet releases are bad too. I would say they generally stay below the freezeline say Tampa or so south. Our Gators are ok in the cold but have not heard the big snakes close

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think,it is more the later just turning lose.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too bad that whole encounter wasn't on video. I'll bet it was a riot.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I believe you have the dreaded Chupacabra down there eating coons like Scooby snacks my brother.
Usually if you see coons disappear it's because of disease. Or a Chupacabra of course.
True Story. Stopped with a friend for lunch the other day at this Mexican place. Woman spoke poor English and my Spanish isn't, so to be a smart alec I told her I would like a Chupacabra with extra cheese. She laughs and then leaves. Apparently I got the daily special. Well, I paid for it for the next 2 days if you know what I mean. I think I got the special all right.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There you go, I have no idea as I had adults and young but the last 2 years nothing, they are other places on the lease.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
AGREED

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nope deer ran the coon off he was fine with several more till the number reached 9
ad1a6fdcfe9a5621ee88a72f50beaa32_zps0covtg8e.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
out numbered!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I,think he was worried about getting stepped on.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank, I believe you have the dreaded Chupacabra down there eating coons like Scooby snacks my brother. Usually if you see coons disappear it's because of disease. Or a Chupacabra of course. True Story. Stopped with a friend for lunch the other day at this Mexican place. Woman spoke poor English and my Spanish isn't, so to be a smart alec I told her I would like a Chupacabra with extra cheese. She laughs and then leaves. Apparently I got the daily special. Well, I paid for it for the next 2 days if you know what I mean. I think I got the special all right.

Must got the week old critter