The pigs Charged me!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As I was making my rounds last night I spotted something strange. There were about 15 evenly spaced spots around one of our ponds, they were not moving but definitely really hot so I went to investigate. As I started getting close a crane alerted and took off making an awful noise. As I looked through my thermal monocular the spots came alive hogs!!!!! As I got the rifle up the last three were going over the dam and out of sight so no shot. Not wanting them to get away I rushed up on the dam to try and cut them off. But to my surprise they were still there just on the other side only about 20 yards from me! As I turned on the thermal scope and hit record the image went blurry. The combination of A/C humidity and my sweaty face fogged the rear glass of the scope and all I could see was a black blob of hog heat. There was not time to waste I could see the blob starting to move so I put the blob in the center and let go a few shots. The hogs circled around and headed straight for me I took a few more blind blob shots as they rapidly closed the gap between us. Then bam one hit the shooting sticks and another bumped my left leg the whole group ran on both sides of me disappearing into a creek bed. Only by pure luck my random shots into the group knocked down four of them ;)

Here is the video enjoy!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that is funny, they had no idea where you were or which way they were running..Good job! Imagine if you could have seen them! Obviously they did not know who they were messing with!

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Tell 'em to take a number, you'll get to 'em all.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good thing they weren't 200 lb mad sows.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
haha, attack of the piglets...think a little fog stop is in order....of some type of fog proofing, good blind shooting anyways...

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm telling you again they are learning to attack into the ambush.

smart critters they are.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Haha. Shooting blind is tough enough, let alone when piglets are running into you. Hahaha!! I'm glad they were piglets.