The nightmare before the year ends!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Been sick for a few weeks. Started off as a common cold, the drainage turn into pneumonia, started running 103 fever, went back to the doctor and now I have the flu!

Worst part, I had to cancel my whitetail and Axis hunting trip this weekend, I may not be able to visit my family for the holidays, I'm off work until January 2nd , and it looks like I will be spending my time resting.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
sorry to hear that, never a good thing to get sick around the holidays. that happened to me last year and i was laid up for almost 2 weeks

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
My wife and son are starting to get sick too. I just spoke with my brother and he is sick with the flu as well.

Whatever is going around is highly contagious so just be aware all!

PS: Three confirmed deaths in Harris County from H1N1 (swine flu).

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man, sorry to hear it. I had the H1N1 BAD in 2009. I've NEVER been that sick. When I couldn't get my fever to drop below 104F, I relented and went to the hospital for the big dog anti-biotics... not only had I stacked pneumonia on top of it, but adelectasis as well. The shallow breathing from being so weak begins the collapse of the smaller portions of the lungs, and the fluids in there begin to cause it all to stick together. The lung exercises they gave me to battle the adelectasis HURT. I was a LONG time getting my strength back after that bout.

That flu strain is nothing to play around with, add the complications to it... NOT Zesty !

Get well soon my brudda, I feel your misery.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
My doctor gave me the BDAS too, along with an inhaler, Tamiflu, Guaiatussin AC Syrup, and Amoxi-Clav.

The coughing and breathing is very difficult because my ribs are sore to say the least.

PS: Thanks for the get wells, etc

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate being sick, am such a baby about it, thankfully I seldom am. Hurry and get better soon, sorry it happened, especially during the Holidays.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
My doctor gave me the BDAS too, along with an inhaler, Tamiflu, Guaiatussin AC Syrup, and Amoxi-Clav.

The coughing and breathing is very difficult because my ribs are sore to say the least.

I'm certain that I've cracked ribs during violent coughing fits with pneumonia... no fun at all... and compounds the tendency to breathe shallow. Sleeping "sitting up" sucks. LOL

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did you get your flu shot.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Get well soon coon dog

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
prayers sent

DDriller

Hope you get feeling better. I just got over a similar illness that lasted 2 weeks. Had to take breathing treatments 4 times a day and an inhaler in between just to be able to breathe and two rounds of antibiotics. Take care of yourself and drink plenty of fluid.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hope you get well soon and get to enjoy the holidays with your family.

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
All,

Between the meds, rest, prayers, get wells, etc, I'm feeling 90% better (all day).

Thanks to all LSB Members Support!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do not get out and relapse, how are the wife and child?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hope ya'll have a nice Christmas and stay well!

TXCOONDOG

Highlands, Texas
Frank,

My entire family has decided that they are coming over to our house tonight to celebrate Christmas so it's going to be wonderful .

We might be rednecks, but we stick together

Merry Christmas to you and yours.