The Magical Blue Smoke Which Makes Things Work...

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A near miss to report. The other day, while making a 45* rip cut along the length of a 2x4, my cordless circular saw got a little warm. I gave it a rest, and when I went to use it again, the RPMs were way low. Hmmm... touched the caps which cover the brushes.... HOT!!! Once they cooled down a bit, I pinched in against them and the saw's RPMs came back up. I cooked away my brushes with some heavier than designed for use.

BUT!!!! I did NOT allow The Magical Blue Smoke (which makes things work) allow to escape from the tool !!! Each tool is given a measure of this magical smoke. If you ever see it escape from your tool, NO joy. So... I need a $14 set of brushes. This saw will then be relegated to trim work only. I bought me a new "Brushless" trim saw, with a little more "poop-snot" in it. Of course... I have my worm drive framing Skilsaw for any and all things abusive in nature.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I think he needs to work out more. Just not enough arm strength.

Ben Diss

I have never been successful at putting blue smoke back into a device once it's escaped. Kudos to you for keeping it where it belongs!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You almost needed some of this...

Smokekit2.jpg