team OinK closed for repairs

D

djones

it was a sad night indeed for team Oink. the Oinkster fought hard but was against the ropes. i tried to carry him but was getting bloodied up pretty bad myself. i never thought it wud happen to us, but we threw in the towel.

OinK has some hard decisions to make. my path is more clear cut. with planting season about a month away i may just take matters into my own hands and order a 'replacement part'.

D

djones

of course you saw it coming... you're largely responsible! i updated the rubber bands on my focus ring to full rainbow regalia just for you and it jinxed everything!!!

started out with a bad omen. OinK lost one of the prime hunting spots. not sure how he messed it up, but he should have let me do the talking. a woman owns the place and everyone knows i have a way with the ladies. if i had been given the chance to speak with her, not only would we still be hunting it, i would have parlayed it into a bed and breakfast as well.

first stand had hogs on the neighboring property. we've had decent luck calling hogs so gave it a try. not an ideal setup with the wind and layout, but not much else we could do. set the caller away from the vehicle and got them in close but they wouldn't commit. a couple other critters were interested and OinK saw a bobcat. switched to baby cotton tail and he came on in. OinK had him dead nutts and fired. oops... what happened? looked a lot like lawdawg's coyote hunt except team OinK doesn't make operator errors. he had an equipment failure which turned out to be non correctable in the field. he's out.

as you can see, my scope is still going out of focus after the first shot. not sure what's up with that since i doubled the rubber bands. when you hunt at the level team OinK operates, you absolutely have to be able to depend on your equipment. already thinking i'm not going to put up with this much longer.

D

djones

now all the pressure is on me. i've got to find a way to pull off a drive by so OinK can at least hang out the window on a close up point and shoot. not as easy as it sounds with fields listed or deep broken. next field only had an opportunity for a working rig. even though the shot was on OinK's side, he could only sit on the sidelines and cheer me on.

pulled off a pro marksman shot and... wth? arrgghh.... my scope!!!

IMG_1538b_zpsltweapbu.jpg

D

djones

OinK is being a pretty good sport, but i knew the hunt was coming to a close. luckily we got into a couple in a drivable field. plan was for me to get off my 1-shot and then get OinK within hammer distance. unfortunately i bumped mine on the approach. this time scope went completely titts up, but not before claiming one casualty.

OinK tagged in and took over with some fancy window shooting, second only to the performance behind the wheel.

looks like the focus problem wasn't the knob. i suspect the unit has been going out for some time.

IMG_1537b_zpsgqrc9vsv.jpg

IMG_1540b_zps552gnjbx.jpg

neorubio

LSB Active Member
Some good shots there! Looks like your scope is having some issues...hope you (or Armasight) can fix it.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
First the six8 and now the scope .... ugh some bad luck!! Good luck with it all.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
In video No 1 I farted and they run off! I did not tell Dr. Jones!

That was just about all I accomplished for the night!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Get that thing fixed?! order the other stuff and get back on that horse!!! BANG BANG!!

There are some nice things for sale below you should have a spare rig!!

BDubbs

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it was a sad night indeed for team Oink. the Oinkster fought hard but was against the ropes. i tried to carry him but was getting bloodied up pretty bad myself. i never thought it wud happen to us, but we threw in the towel.

OinK has some hard decisions to make. my path is more clear cut. with planting season about a month away i may just take matters into my own hands and order a 'replacement part'.
Thought you were going to say you **** your pants again and hit the window locks causing KillK to beat you half to death with your scope and quit

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We've all heard of the "Blue Screen of Death"... poor DJones has the "Blue Cross Hairs of Death" in his scope. Man... that just bites. What'd Oink break (besides yer heart)?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The only thing I didn't break was his heart. It was so mad I disassembled my rifle and I'm either going to throw in in the dump or start over from the ground up. I'm going to take a few days off and cool off. Don't know what happened.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? What happened to your rig?

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Scope cover broke so after every shot it closed. Scope would not hold a zero. Missed a Bobcat at 50 yards by two feet. Jammed, Jammed, Jammed!!!!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It seems like something goes wrong on every hunt, but not EVERYTHING on one hunt. You guys were snakebit. Oops, sorry, shouldn't have said that one of you might have really been bitten.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like you have angered the hunting gods. Maybe you need to sacrifice a live chicken to get back in their good graces? If no live chickens are available, try a bucket of KFC!

(Watch the classic movie Major League if you don't follow this)

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That sucks... no doubt 'bout it.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Seasons over anyway. It lasted a month longer than it ever has before. I've got obligations the first of May but I can use my 308 for that. This fall I'll be well tested and ready. You just want to quit on your terms.