Talon gats a double on gobblers

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Talon and I got out for some youth season gobblers this morning. It was just getting light as we headed for an open field, when we heard a gobble off in the distance and across a road. We decided to go ahead and set up in hopes that they would come our way when they pitched down off the roost. We sat next to a big fallen log, Talon on the side we wanted the turkeys to come from and me on the other. I made a few yelps on Foxpro’s new Crooked Spur glass call and heard nothing. I called louder and still nothing! I sure was hoping they weren’t going to get down and leave quiet. All of a sudden I noticed a strutter pierce the fog in the middle of the field. I whispered to Talon that there was a gobbler coming. What I didn’t know was that one of the gobblers had flown from the roost nearly a half mile away, across the road and landed just a few yards from Talon. The one in the field started gobbling as I called softly. Both birds circled to Talon’s right, the worst way they could go! As they went behind a bush and the end of the log Talon let his shooting sticks fall away swung around across the log and dropped both birds with one shot at 21 yards! One bird had 9.5 in beard and 1 inch spurs, the other had 8.25 inch beard and ¾ inch spurs. Not a bad way to start the season.

1526724_682087431829953_266670100_n.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting right there Talon!!

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that is a nice way to start the season.

Good calling and good shooting!!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go Talon nice hunting.