Talk me out of a REAP-IR?

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lmao "jake"
Walp, after a week-ish of jackin around with this thing I hafta say I'm still diggin' it. Gettin more familiar with the operation of the gizmo. The lack of a manual seems less concerning now. It's really pretty simple once ya get it figgered out. Really like the X-n-Y readout. Makes adjustments very easy. The D-Loc base is schweeeeet! Image is great. Life is good.
The l'il XD19a has been a great help. I've been using it both battery powered and with the cigarette lighter adapter for the "heavy lifting" around the truck. So it took till tonight to finally wear down the original batts in the REAP. Soon as we get settled into the new place Ima get one of those l'il Pyle monitors to mount on the dash so's I can run the XD out the sunroof whilst plugged into that. We'll see.

If nothin else I'm havin a large time playing with these gadgets. Went to a field over near the ADM plant and I swear there were 70+ deer hanging around their field. Pretty neat. :cool: d:^) Jake..

znztivguy

LSB Member
Well now that there are legit OASYS UTM-X units out there in the 6xxx range it could probably peak your interest, with military grade durability and IR plus visible laser (ATPIAL). Can run on 1 battery and is waterproof to a crazy degree.

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well now that there are legit OASYS UTM-X units out there in the 6xxx range it could probably peak your interest, with military grade durability and IR plus visible laser (ATPIAL). Can run on 1 battery and is waterproof to a crazy degree.
I dunno, bubba. Miz Kris is pretty reasonable for a woman. 'Specially a redheaded Italian woman. But I get the feelin that broaching the subject of another toy right after dropping nearly $10k on these latest acquisitions may be "ill-advised". :D But ya hafta keep in mind, on top of this latest purchase, we just paid off the truck and my l'il 2014 30HP Mahindra with FEL, backhoe and one badazz Rake Shop grapple bucket.
This past weekend I almost fell victim to a case of redneck sensory overload. I was workin with the tractor, at the hunt club, with a sheaved SCAR sportin a new REAP. I tell ya cuz, if there'd a been a dedicated Hooter's Girl there keepin my beverages chilled I'd a done a full Fred G right down in the red dirt!
The link's for the young bucks. Us geezers already know that reference.

I can only push my luck so far so close together. ;) :cool: d;^) Jake..

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It's the big one Elizabeth!!!

Schneeky

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya know, after it's all said-n-done this was a good transaction. Tyler, Rich, IRD and Pulsar got it done.
If I was to publicly find somethin to rag on UNV & IRD over it would be the total lack of SWAG amongst the two. Take a lesson from LaRue. That kindof chit pays off.
No window stickers, no decals, no fridger magnets, no nothin'.
C'mon, man. After spendin $10k, gimme a sticker or somethin' to commemorate the occasion!
Whot a buncha slaggazzes.
If I gotta git outta this chair ta tighten up you youngins...! :D d:^) Jake..

Yes, I'm talkin smack and under the influence of American Vodka.
In vino veritas. ;) d:^) Jake..

Last edited: