Surprise in the night

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I headed out to our property a day before the rest of the family. Arrived a little late. I had time to pull some game camera disks to see what was moving and where. Decided I would head out after dark and set for a while as there was a lot of pictures of hogs at all the feeders. After about 45 minutes a single small boar showed up. I dropped him with the 6.8 in place using a green light. I walked down to check him out before I headed back to camp to get the UTV. After getting a few pics of the hog I started to walk back towards I the blind on the trail that leads back to camp. I was using my mounted green light to light the way. I was shinning the light about 5 feet in front of me as I was watching for snakes. I don't like snakes. This was working well until I walked right into 5 0r 6 more hogs. The wind was blowing so I didn't hear or see them until they were right on me. Less than 5 feet. Not sure who was more surprised, them or me. They scattered and I dropped to a knee and levelled the sights on one running straight away from me. He got shot in the only target area available to me. WOW! That was exciting.

Photo Apr 27, 23 00 51.jpg

slim_shady

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol that will get your blood pumping.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Things that go BUMP in the night!! Oh, yeah... and wee-wee-weee when shot.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down!! The unexpected, best part of hunting!!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
He got shot in the only target area available to me.
I used to pass on shots like that, but no more. I figure Dead Hog = Good Hog, and Half a Hog > No Hog

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice to have property to go to and enjoy like that! Good move on the "ham" shot!

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
I bet that got your blood pumpin! Nice work!