Summer time Fun Toys

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I picked up a couple firearms to play with this summer.

First one is my first 10mm pistol. It is a Rock Island Armory 1911-A1 Tactical. For a $600 1911 it is better than I would have thought. It is a bushingless design with a bull barrel, ambi safety, real VZ grips, fiber front sight, fully adjustable rear sight, extended beavertail with memory notch, checkered main spring housing, flared magwell, fully supported chamber, series 70, adjustable trigger and overall a nice piece. Really it has everything you would expect from a high end 1911.

I also picked up just about everything I am going to need to load some screamers, just waiting on the starline brass that I ordered. I did pick up some cheap PRVI ammo just so I could shoot it and even though the PRVI is underpowered I was impressed with the pistol. Should have a little bit more kick than my 45 1911, but nothing like a hand cannon. I was really hoping I could find a bigger variety of powder and primers, but with today's supply I was lucky to find these.

[URL=http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/WASSMAN68/media/IMG_20140219_200017_669.jpg.html] [/URL]

Second is something I have been wanting since I put in my paperwork for my B22 suppressor. It is a Savage Mark II FV-SR. This 22LR bolt gun was built to be suppressed with the threaded barrel, accu trigger, 16.5" barrel, floated stock, pictanny rail, 10rd box mag, fluted barrel, and just wanting to eat some subs.

I also found some Aguila Super Colibri (which has no powder) and took them down to my SOT so I could visit my can and try it out on this gun. WOW it is nice you can only hear the trigger and that is it. I cannot wait for my stamp to get here. In the meantime I guess I can run supers and see what kind of accuracy I can get out of this thing, but knowing savage it should be quite nice.

[URL=http://s1062.photobucket.com/user/WASSMAN68/media/IMG_20140219_200614_506.jpg.html] [/URL]

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thats the 22 I mounted the w1000 to for squirrel shooting lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm going with the silencerco specter suppressor for mine its supposed to have less frp than the sparrow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
you did great, fun toys!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just picked up the exact same 10mm. I love it so far

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I ordered a sv-fr yesterday. I have a silencerco sparrow and a spector coming. Hopefully I'll have them, along with some other cans, in April.

I'm interested in the RIA 10mm. I wonder how it would do suppressed with a trijicon rmr on top of it. That might make it fun with night vision and hogs.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That could be interesting. I know a lot of people use the 10mm as a primary hunting weapon. I'll have to look into finding a threaded barrel for it

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It would take quite a bit of gunsmithing, but you could take a threaded 40s&w bull barrel and ream it to a 10mm. STI looks to have one
http://www.stiguns.com/products/parts/barrels/
You would have to have the barrel fitted anyways so the reaming is just another process.

But to be honest I would be more interested in a suppressed 45, because I could just buy a gun off the shelf with a threaded barrel and the 45 is already sub sonic. On the other hand a easier route to suppress a 10mm would be to get a glock 20 and just drop in a lone wolf 10mm threaded, no fitting required.
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/products.aspx?CAT=237
I just hate glocks though ugg.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm with you on that one. I have only ever owned one glock and I hate them.

With all the trouble for a threaded barrel, your right, stick with a .45

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm with you on that one. I have only ever owned one glock and I hate them.

With all the trouble for a threaded barrel, your right, stick with a .45
Ya a threaded 1911 45 is pretty easy to find.
http://www.impactguns.com/product.aspx?zpid=34317
But for that money I would spend the extra coin and go HK45, but that is just me.
http://www.impactguns.com/hk45-tactical-ns-10rd-threaded-745001t-a5-642230245358.aspx

On the other hand it would be cool to have a 1911 10mm suppressed, but you would never get the amount of money you put into it. Which would be around $500 with the cost of the barrel and who know how much lead time.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a threaded 1911 and a threaded p220 both in .45. I think my next purchase should actually be the suppressors. I want one for the .45's and I want one for my 338 spectre first.

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I picked up a Savage Mark II TR a while back. These things are fantastic and the trigger is perfect.

Smitty

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Itsazonik,

Check out the .45 octane if you want to run .338 spector and .45 ACP though a can.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How does the octane work with a .338? I'm always in to use a suppressor for multiple weapons. 1 less to buy

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
it does well with 9mm luger from the little I have heard. I will be able to tell you more first hand experience after April or May.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool, can't wait to hear how it works

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw that looked like a pretty cool system.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Have you shot your 10mm yet? Mine is starting to have loading issues. The slide won't close all the way on some rounds. I found if I drop the mag that will release it and it will close. It's like the rounds are hanging up on each other. I'm going to order a few different mags and see if that fixes the problem

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
17.JPG

Here is my Savage in 17HMR. I had the barrel cut back to 16 and threaded. I put my Aris 223 can on it for fun. It does a fantastic job. If your Savage shoots like mine you will love it.