Started a 50 Beowulf build

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Here are a few pics of the upper. This will be more of a novelty build. I didnt paint the receiver yet because I need to enlarge the ejection port. Ill assemble the rest of the rifle this coming week when I get back from overseas. Anyone have a Beowulf? Im debating on what bullet to use? Itll be factory ammo cause I dont reload

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a Hog Thumper in the making!

1956_4x4

Crestview, Florida
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm partial to the 300g Gold Dot for my Wulf. I stocked up on ammo years ago, so I have no idea on the availability now. I know it used to be a pain to locate any ammo.

The King Armory KA-0450 muzzle brakes are being discontinued after the current batch. It's one of the best brakes for the Wulf, so if you want one I'd get it ordered now.

It's a great gun to use if your tracking skills suck...

Smitty

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Had a 50Beowulf for some years. I shot the 300gr Gold Dot's exclusively for hunting. I would reccomend the origional AA brake if it will properly fit your bbl. My guns recoil was like a 12ga full power load without it. With the brake installed it was little less than a 20ga dove and quail(extremely light)load.

I still have some mags left that went with my gun. They are the 4shot and the 7shot IIRC. These are from AA. If you are interested,please PM me. --- pruhdlr

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I ordered some mags from AA. If I need more mags Ill give u a holler pruhdlr. I highly doubt itll replace my 6.8, but still should be fun plowing hogs over with 300-400grain bullets.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That should be fun. I've got a 458 Socom and two 450 Bushmasters. Show the finished gun when you're done.

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
I was able to shoot a 50 beowulf a few weeks ago, it's a very nice AR caliber. It did kick a little more than I expected it would, everyone had a nice laugh about that.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
who was that laughing at you, quite a recoil there.

Arnold Galvan

Mckinney, Texas
My Daughters boyfriend, that's his rifle that I am shooting. It's really not that bad, but it sure did catch me off guard.