Stamp waiters support group.

JamesB74

LSB Member
Just got my .308 Shark suppressor on order. Surprisingly they cashed the check within a week of mailing the paperwork. But the process is going to take a while. I hope just not as long as for my first one.

PJW

Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Received 2 SBR form 1 stamps 8/23/2013. Check was cashed 1/1/2013. Examiner was Bowers, usually is Jones since I live in TX. Done via Trust. I am excited to complete these builds. One will be an *** 12.5 inch 6.8, and the other is a 9 inch AAC 300 BLK.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had SRT Arms build a Ruger 77/44 with an integral suppressor and started the grueling wait mid April.
That one was my first long term waiting process for everything to come together. I met a kid at the range with one of those back before Ruger started making that rifle and knew I had to have one.

The problem was finding a rifle on gun-broker for less than $1000. Then I heard Ruger was bringing them back into production so I waited on the new models to start circulating again.

Then sending the rifle to SRT and waiting for the installation, And finally waiting another six months for the stamp to come in.

Its fun, but if I personally had it to do over again I would have gone with an Encore so I could use it as a primative weapon in MS. Also, two of my buddies have SRT encores that will out shoot mine using lighter weight 240 grain bullets by a wide margin. Mine has the fast twist barrel option and shoots 300's great. So I just use those for everything.

Oh yes, it's very fun!!

Last edited:

Dave Morris

Well guys, I think those of us who are waiting for stamps just got screwed by the Jackass-in-Chief. We may never see the guns we've already paid for.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pistols is cool. (Stamp not required)

Dave Morris

OK, you're right. I went out and bought a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9-1/2" barrel and a scope. Here piggy piggy
Thumb-pix149104565.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
OK, you're right. I went out and bought a Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9-1/2" barrel and a scope. Here piggy piggy
Thumb-pix149104565.jpg
Cool... I was talking more along these lines though. LOL

BisonChipAPC001_zps371969f1.jpg

Dave Morris

OK, well then maybe this:

Thumb-DefinitionOfOverkillPLR-16.JPG

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That a Robinson Arms? Love the lack of buffer tube on it.

Dave Morris

It's a Kel-Tec PLR-16 and it shoots .223 rounds.

JamesB74

LSB Member
Yup this is crap. Now I am jumping the guns and getting 2 form 1's in the system and looking to get 2 more suppressors bought.
They have already stated that any already in the system working will be exempt. Will just require CLEO on all taking place after it becomes law. Supposed to be sending the verbiage for final review now. And then have 90 days for open comment. Then it could pass. Slim chance that it might not still if enough of us get involved and scream. But it is not looking good now. Get your stuff in and create the panic buying.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yup this is crap. Now I am jumping the guns and getting 2 form 1's in the system and looking to get 2 more suppressors bought.
They have already stated that any already in the system working will be exempt. Will just require CLEO on all taking place after it becomes law. Supposed to be sending the verbiage for final review now. And then have 90 days for open comment. Then it could pass. Slim chance that it might not still if enough of us get involved and scream. But it is not looking good now. Get your stuff in and create the panic buying.

I succumbed to panic a few days ago and then again just now. On friday when the news broke I bought a Specwar 5.56 because its cheap and a good performer. Well I thought to myself on the long drive home from the ranch that I should buy another "just to be safe". So I called up Silenced America and got them to reserve a Surefire Socom 5.56 for me so I can pay for it tomorrow.

So to summarize what I have in the works. 2014 will be the "year of the tax stamp" for me (hopefully). I will be going out with a bang ,or, better yet, a poooosh and a crack.

Silencerco Saker 5.56 submitted in April
Specwar 7.62 submitted in July
Surefire Socom 6.8 Submitted in August
Form 1 SBR Submitted in August
Specwar 5.56 Submitted in September
Surefire Socom 5.56 Submitted in September

Considering doing another form 1 SBR just for kicks