SPS has 100gr Accubond overruns

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man... they're suddenly ramping up production on those babies. I bought 400 of those from them just last month. Nice to see it becoming a little less rare.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Im just happy there are starting to be components available again!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I hear that. I didn't waste any time ordering up 10lbs. of AA2200 as soon as it was in stock ! Got a good pile of brass going for the 6.8 too.

deacn dan

I just got my 250 in hand today. They sure are pretty. Looking forward to trying a few in both 6.8's. The 110's sure work good.

JamesB74

LSB Member
I have been waiting for the 100grs to become more popular. I m glad they are. Can push these up pretty fast.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
i'm good on bullets for most of my calibers, its darn powder and primers, those seem to be hard to get, seems like people that have their guns now in the gun grabbing, but still buying up components, yet seems loaded ammo is more available, but prices are still high

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad I read this forgot I have powder to pick up!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Natchez got an order in of AA2200 a couple of months back, managed to snag up 10lbs. of it. Need to acquire some more powder stocks, some more bullets of various calibers, and some more primers of the non-AR flavor. Need to be ahead of the game when the next scare hits.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang... I was hopin' those pills would mesh with the AA2200.

Zstingray

I bought a butt load of these but can't seem to find the sweet point. I was loading 30 grains of H322. Any body got a pet load that works for accuracy?

JamesB74

LSB Member
Dang... I was hopin' those pills would mesh with the AA2200.
Dont get to discouraged. With AA2200 I was getting:
Avg-2776fps
SD-9.0
ES-28.0
At 600' altitude at 93f

That was with 29.6 grains and had around a 1" group. Barrel was already hot and dirty from something else. I dont think it liked it to much. I want to try RE7 because I want it in the 2800ish area and with the same ES an SD.
For reference 29.8 grains gave me:
AVG-2783fps
SD-14.8
ES-50.0
Same altitude and same temp. And started showing some light signs. Around a 1-1/2" group. All at 100 yards.

According to Ballistics AE with the 29.6 load. and a 200 yard zero, altitude and temp the same. You would go transonic at around 775 yards. Keep a 1000ft.lb energy rating to about 265 yards. You only drop 9" at 300 yards. So still a decent load. I just want it faster.

coondog

LSB Member
My load for the 100gr Accubonds is 30grs AA220 with SSA brass and CCI450 primers. I'm shooting these out of a WOA barrel that I chopped and put on a diet. It was a 18 inch barrel till I cut the treads off and recrowned the barrel. Also this was a heavy profile barrel that I chuncked up in a lathe and turned it down to like .735 under the hand guard. The barrel is a 6 grove barrel not the 4 grove Shilen. 30grs is not a hot load for this gun.