Spot and Stalk Hogger

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
unnamed.jpg Tight shot through a tree. Video later, gopro so not great close up stuff.
Got the call this week hogs have returned after last years fun I had.So last night went out. Creek bottom was a mess, a tornado came through and many downed trees, very thick in areas. Got 40 yds from small sounder last night next to a wet tank. No shot so I did a little sneak but the frogs busted me which spooked the hogs. So close.
Got back near the truck with a couple minutes left of light, took a walk and heard grunts, waited until 2 hogs came just yards away, with my 4x scope I couldn't see the thing, too close and too dark, finally got on him and shot....neck shot, hog down in a cloud of dust spinning and squealing then up and off to the races. Chased him through the woods with light and video looks like the Blair Witch project. No recovery.
Went back in the dark this morning, spot and stalk, got this nasty long nosed sow with one messed up short leg. Donated to TBPS!!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
"Back in the saddle again..." Good shot Kemosabe. Gnarly looking ol' gal there.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good for you Dan! You got back in the game. I haven't done much but some dove hunting. Got to get back after the hogs. Nice blair witch sow.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job!!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good stacking them!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog and sounds like fun stuff!! Funky hair cut on that one!! BANG BANG!!