Sow Taken w/Berger VLD-Hunting 130 gr.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, we were a bit surprised by these hogs. I was expecting that if we saw hogs, they would be in the bottoms on our left side and the Hessian spied them off to our right. Didn't get a chance to focus as by the time I verified that there were hold and got my rifle onto shooting sticks, we were busted and at that point, it was a matter of finding a target.

The Berger VLD-Hunting performed quite well, with good penetration and handling light bone just fine.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good to see the Hessian's still keeping you out of too much trouble. Been wondering if you two were still pairing up for adventures in "who's got the count?". Nice shot on her amongst those moo-deer.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Another fine video and great shot! Good job!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks!

Last year, we were told to not hunt amongst the cattle. This year, the landowner gave us permission with the rule that we don't shoot any cattle, of course. It will be interesting to see how he reacts and hopefully he will be pleased with the restraint shown for not shooting runners among the cattle and then only picking a singular target that was in the clear, despite the shot being near the cattle. This may be one of those litmus test sorts of events. We shall see.

D

djones

good job. i wouldn't have guess that entry spot from looking at your crosshairs.

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow, I don't know if I have the cahonese needed to shoot amongst the cattle like that!!?

Nice job!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good job. i wouldn't have guess that entry spot from looking at your crosshairs.

That is because the hog was in motion and quartered away. The hog probably moved 5" or so just during the time of flight (TOF) of the bullet, never mind the latency of the scope's image.

Wow, I don't know if I have the cahonese needed to shoot amongst the cattle like that!!?

Nice job!!

Thanks, but really, the cattle were awfully stationary. All the ones in the field of fire were bedded and there was no way for them to make any sort of radical change of position during the TOF. Plus, none of the cattle in the area were in motion at all. For hunting in and around cattle, it was a pretty good deal.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot and good video!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to thread the needle Brian, good shot and cool video

Lancer