Something different. Suppressed 458 SOCOM

Discussion in 'NFA/CLASS 3 ITEMS OTHER THAN SUPPRESSORS' started by SC-Texas, Jun 28, 2015.

1. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Texas Gun Trust

something interesting came in for one of my trust clients.

Great day at the range. Shot a suppressed Red Jacket arms 458 socom. This is their integrally suppressed rifle. It is long. . . . it is heavy and it is loud. Or relatively loud. Not painfully so. But loud enough.

Of course, I really have no frame of reference for a suppressed 458 SOCOM. It was certainly quieter than an unsupressed 458. We shot 300 rounds of 350 grain JsP through it today.

The session started slowly, where were a lot of jams. People tell me that you're supposed to clean a gun before you shoot it. I think that is overrated.

After a few rounds and being doused with some super slick Gucci lubricant, and after we started manning up to the gun, it ran fine.

2. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Texas Gun Trust

And for those doubters . . .this proves I actually have a coat and tie.

Oso Grande likes this.
  3. Itsazonik

Itsazonik Cape Coral, FL LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

The 458 is really picky on how and when it wants to run. Took me a while to get mine dialed in with my hand loads. Now mine will run anything you feed it. I want a can for mine eventually but I'll just get a thread on can

4. FrankT

FrankT Destin FL LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY LoneStarBoars Supporter

Helps to lean into it when shooting, looks like you did but the other 2 not so much, the gas blow back would be an issue for me...I like the 458 and rifle though

5. SC-Texas

SC-Texas Texas Gun Trust

yeah . . about cleaning the shipping grease . .the thick white grease . .before shooting . . Its over rated . . LOL

6. Itsazonik

Itsazonik Cape Coral, FL LoneStarBoars Supporter Vendor

Only time I really clean my rifle is when I shoot aluminum bullets