SNAKE BIT

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
We have a house cat named “dragon”, don’t ask me I didn’t name her. She likes to playfully slap at you as you go by, generally doesn’t cause any trauma though. Well this morning I woke up predawn as usual, and stumbled across the floor in the dark, when I felt something under my foot and then a slap and slight stinging. For a split second thought it was Kitty Dragon, then I told Michelle; I think a snake just bit me. She turned on the light and sure enough there was a snake, Mrs. Houdini we call her. She’s our escape artist. One time she escaped and I found her on the front porch. This time she escaped quite some time ago, late spring early summer and we figured she was long gone this time. She has almost tripled in size, which explains why I haven’t had to set the mouse traps in quite a while.

1976989_675975602441136_965419078_n.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have NO desire to share my home with a snake. Don't mind 'em behind glass (somewhere I do not live), love watchin' video of 'em and their behavior. The couple of times I've handled one, it shared its nasty odor with me... took days to be rid of the smell. Ack.

Purdy colors on her, obviously from her eyes, she's non-venomous. What type is she?

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
corn snake

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If she's 3X bigger than she was when she went missing... she must've been a tiny little youngster.

My kind of luck, I'd wake up with a sore nose, find a snake latched onto it, and hear a muffled: "I told you, I prefer white mice." LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I bet having kids and all kinds of wildlife in and out of the house there is a never ending sting of excitement for Glenn and the family! Getting snake bit as I go for my coffee would not be high on my list of fun things for the day...LOL

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
FrankT , you have no idea..... we have so many critters it aint even funny! here's a list of what I can think of
12 dogs
20+ cats
4 hogs
chickens, guineas, ducks, pigeons, love birds and finches.
Rats, Mice and hampsters a few thousand!
fish several different types of snails
geckos, frogs, snakes,giant roaches and tarantula
rabbits I'm sure I left out something

She is 3 times longer than her mate the same age, they were the same size when she escaped. They long first then thicken up with age.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually Glenn, as nutz as it gets and is, there is no better way to raise kids with all those experiences, then hunting to boot...I love your family story, I see a hunting reality show in your future, at the very least, great memories when you are my age, I miss that!

You gotta wonder how she was better fed than her mate while on her own!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
FrankT , you have no idea..... we have so many critters it aint even funny! here's a list of what I can think of
12 dogs
20+ cats
4 hogs

She is 3 times longer than her mate the same age, they were the same size when she escaped. They long first then thicken up with age.

Here's Glenn at the county Spelling Bee. No sleep, snake bit, counting noses needing fed...

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
she ate wild mice when she wanted them instead of being fed when my kids had a mouse surplus.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
my kids have raised just about every kind of animal in N.Texas. I think it's been good for them and while they are not perfect and there are days when I want to kill them. I have been blessed with good kids and a good family........so far.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL... Glenn... I'm amazed you have sanity left to cling to. Good on ya Kemosabe.

Guess

Hog Zombie
SUS VENATOR CLUB
SANITY??????? what's that?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That'd be that greased thread burning/cutting your hand as it runs on through. LOL

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
12 dogs
20+ cats
4 hogs

Your house sounds like mine used to be when the kids were living at home. My ex-wife's CB handle was zookeeper back when they were popular, and that was a pretty good description of our house of critters. I sometimes miss those days, but most of the time I don't.

coondog

LSB Member
That's a unusual color for a corn snake but sure looks good. I hatched 23 blue racers from eggs. The cat figured out how to get into the aquarium and killed 4 snakes. Had one snake eat another. I took the rest to the woods and let them go. About three years latter I lifted up this big oak timber where I let the snakes go and found a blue racer. Funny thing is the snake came to me and then took off. Good to see at least one snake survived.