Silencer Shop Order Execution

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I placed my first suppressor order through SS today (had bought some flash hiders for pre-existing suppressors previously).
I placed the order and within 30m had the email in my inbox.
The email gives you a link to upload your trust.
I went in to the link and filled out the data. The web page said the max size of the PDF file for your trust was 8MB that was good because mine was 5.1MB.
So I started the upload and it bombed out saying "file too large".
I tried to continue, it said "file required".
So the web site thought I was stuck. So I called and got Jeremy within 1m wait time. He said just email the trust PDF so I did.
All in all not too bad. Though the web site manager needs a better way to determine that 5.1 is less than 8.0 :)
I was surprised my local dealer told me to use SS, but he did. He had been "competing" with them during the first three suppressor deals I did with him, but this time he said "better to go with SS and select me through the "powered by" program. So I did.
I understand this will add 2 weeks to the wait time as SS needs to form3 the suppressor to my local dealer, but that is not a show stopper for me, provided the actual wait time does not exceed the indicated 2 week period. If it does, it might be worth doing something different. But we are trying it this time.

shurt

Gotta ask ... what did you buy?

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Does anyone know if we get a confirmation that our Form-4 has been submitted? Do we not need to SIGN the Form-4 ?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Silencer Shop says they will keep us updated all along the way. So as they get information, it will be sent to us as well.

I ordered a Surefire Genesis direct thread suppressor via my trust before Xmas through them. My experience pretty well matches yours with the initial exchanges. Everything went smoothly...so far.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
How many days elapsed between when you uploaded your trust and when you got confirmation that the Form-4 was submitted?
Did you sign the Form-4 ?

==
Thanks for the response!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did not sign the Form 4, but do not have confirmation that it was uploaded, but do have a note saying that I have completed my obligations, so to speak. That all happened on the 23rd.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Hum, for all my previous submissions I sent in the paperwork to ATF myself, so I knew exactly when I sent it! And I sent the ATF the money (check for Form-4, Credit Card for Form-1) so I knew when the money changed hands. Now, I know I paid money to SS, but I have no idea if they sent anything to ATF yet.
I will call them Monday.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I have no "note" saying I completed my "obligations". I have emails saying my orders were received (for the suppressor and the tax stamp). Maybe the "obligation completion" people weren't working yesterday. :)

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is what I have received. I saw no problem with what they sent to me and so I have nothing more to do ...

This is a quick note to let you know that we have reviewed your paperwork for the following item(s):

Qty Manufacturer Model Serial Number(s)
1 Surefire LLC GENESIS*********************

Please take a few seconds to look over the attached file(s) to be sure everything looks OK. If you see a problem with your registration information, let us know as soon as possible.

You will receive an additional email when this submission has been accepted by the ATF.

For many people, the best way to pass the time waiting for their approval is to just forget about it, but we realize that can be hard. If you do decide to check with the NFA branch for the status of your transfer, you can contact them using the instructions on this page a few weeks after the ATF has accepted the submission.

If we need any additional information as the transfer progresses, we'll let you know right away.

Your local dealer will let you know as soon as they receive the approval.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us - and thanks for choosing Silencer Shop!

JPK

LSB Active Member
I have gotten three suppressors through the Silencer Shop (albeit in one transaction.)

I think I got a confirmation email when Silencer Shop sent in the Form 4's, but my recollection is foggy, same wrt the Form 3 approvals and transfers.

Silencer Shop told me the best way to track time was to sign in on their site and check the check cashed (by ATF) date. That should be two to three weeks after purchase depending on timing of purchase, weekends, holidays... So, if you wait a couple of weeks after purchasing your suppressor you should be able to sign into their site, go to the appropriate page, I think "Your Transfers," and find the check cashed date. Silencer Shop told me to add four months to that date for an ETA. All three of my suppressor forms were approved the same day, and the local shop received the stamps about four months and a week after the check cashed date.

I have another suppressor pending with the Silencer Shop too. They do make purchasing a suppressor as painless as possible.

Think I will go count days on my pending YHM ULT for my 11.5" 6.8 for the umpteenth time...

JPK

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Hum, I'm just not used to waiting 2-3 weeks to find out if I submitted the paper work!!!
:D

Once I know I submitted the paperwork, I forget about it until the dealer says he has the stamp. But not until then!

JPK

LSB Active Member
I wouldn't worry about the Silencer Shop getting the Form 4 in the mail, however, as (un)reliable as the USPS is around here, I would worry about delivery. A plus is that The Silencer Shop posts "check cashed" about as fast as my bank would.

JPK

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
You are certainly not requested or required to worry on my behalf !!!

However, I will worry a tiny bit on my behalf, until SS confirms the Form-4 submission date to me.
:)
I assume the holidays may delay things and that is fine. I just want confirmation the Form-4 is submitted so I can "go to sleep" on this one.

JPK

LSB Active Member
I can sure understand that. The first three I got from the Silencer Shop were purchased on my B-day, July 3. Lost a week because of the holiday and timing of the purchase (Friday purchase, Monday observed holiday, Tuesday hangover...)

My next, the YHM ULT I am waiting for for my 11.5" 6.8, posted up more quickly.

JPK

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
Well I assume you do the eForm-1s yourself ... so that is just you and you KNOW when you filed those!

Speaking of which, I need to do a couple more eForm-1s ... if 41P will go into effect soon, I might as well get a suppressor for every rifle and SBR all the lowers. Kansas is a "shall issue" state, as regards NFA items, but I don't want to be the one to tell my Shire Reeve he must follow the law !! :D
(knowing my county, I might be the only person in it with any NFA items ! :D )

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
ho ho ho - finally got an email today showing my a copy of the Form-4 SS are submitted for me. So I believe it now! It took about a week, but I attribute that to the holidays.