Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great idea, thanks for sharing.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know my background is marketing and this has to be one of the best to add customers to a site I have ever seen, not just to share but to share a URL reaching many people each time it is shared. What did a case of 223 cost them? nothing to manage, just let it grow on its own.

Now your assignment is to do the same for LSB. A prize, use the same setup they do, not sharing the forum but the the contest, that way it can be posted everywhere and no one will get their panties in a wad for advertising a competing forum. I would say night vision, but to really get this spread, ammo, what ammo? 22LR(seems to be the most desired and hardest to get), how much? a case? how and what will it cost? very little, each of os donate and ship to TLM a brick, all different kinds, whatever you have, 300-500 bricks, it does not matter. He counts it and takes a pic of all stacked in a pyramid tower and puts the rd count at the bottom...what 5000, 10,000 15,000? And that picture is the centerpiece of the add for the contest. So the entire promotion costs each of us the cost of a brick and the forum shipping to the winner (maybe the business sponsors could share this). I am in for a brick.

Anyway just 1 idea of a prize, work it out, agree to it, set it up and LSB do its own contest. Once each of us share it to a couple other forums it will take on a life of its own. I would give it longer than this contest is running for.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Frank, what does it mean to share with a URL. I'm not very puter savvy, and I don't even know how to participate in this contest. And, does it have to be different than all the other entries?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
when you post the contest on a forum, facebook, website, the address you create then is the URL for sharing. I announced the contest here, copied the www of the page onto their contest for where is asks where you shared it. What is would do for LSB is drive hundreds or thousands to the forum where they might have never heard of it before, then they can choose to join on their own. That is how some drive people to their facebook or Utube channels also, just depends on what you want to promote.
This is the URL of this http://lonestarboars.com/threads/sign-up-to-win-a-case-of-223-free.1150/#post-15238

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a great Idea Frank no need for everyone to send me ammo. Let me look into the legal side of it first.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You might want them to be directed to the FB page, then to here or vice versa, if you decide to do it have plenty of patches and stickers to sell, koozies, coffee cups, baby pictures...LOL Does not need to be ammo, could be anything that drives people to visit.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think a pack of 500 .223 would be a good start. Everyone loves ammo. Would have to sign up here post in the contest thread with I'm in, like and share on facebook. That simple. Brilliant!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I though it was one of the best promotions I had seen