Sightmark Photon Inexpensive Digital NV

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I wish I had a payroll to deduct from!! Good Luck!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thank you sir. I am not saving much right now. Working on two builds. As soon as I get them serviceable, never finished I will make a little better time. Thank you for your service!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I wonder if they take Social Security and or wheel chairs and walkers in trade??

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You could have a whole collection if they took wheel chairs. What you need to do is get Medicare to send you aluminum wheel chairs and walkers. They are worth a fortune in scrap lol

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I had my Mom's but gave them to a hospice house along with her motorized scooter, IF I had only known!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See, coulda had night vision

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Heck, Medicare seems to cover most anything these days... tell 'em you need it to get around in the dark. They might cover it. LOL

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank do yourself and refrain from looking through a gen3. Once you look through one you will get the itch bad, trust me. I looked through one over 2 years ago and I have been doing everything I can to get all set up. Eventually I settled on a NV scope, but I still want a PVS-14. I am guessing after a couple years with a PVS-14 I will be looking for thermal too. It never ends.

This is the best way I can explain a gen3 PVS-14. A gen 3 PVS-14 is like walking during the daytime, but everything is green instead, then add a IR illuminator to the mix and animals eyes turn into flashlights, then add a IR aiming laser and your weapon become a light saber, and on and on and on.

As for Digital NV. They are OK and will get the job done with limited capability, but don't expect to do any walk and stalk type hunting. You are limited to sitting in one spot. I have a Pulsar Recon 550R, but have that just for recording my hunt with the better NV scope. Like I have said before they are a good bang for your buck and it gets you night hunting for much less expense.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
See, forums cost me too much money. Now I need a PSV-14. Guess all my sales will have to sit in PayPal till I have enough. That's a lot of stickers to sell

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am glad I don't live where I could stop in and visit the Ident guys...

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, that could get a bit dangerous

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sure, send me something to show off and I'll test the market down here for you. Frank and I would be glad to show all the hunters in the state your wonderful night vision

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They sure impressed me. I have one more reciever to engrave. But it is like sending a kid to the candy store going over there.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can't afford too many demos...LOL

Hunt TXHogs

LSB Member
So what of this mythical Photon...

Have a look, taken last week by me - nothing technical to share at this point. I was told when I was handed the unit to demo that a press release is soon to be given.

Two different shooters placed 5 shots into 2 inch groups at 100 yards, 5x magnification doesn't get you too close at 100 but the red dot in the center of the reticle allows for accurate enough placement on hog size targets.

Enjoy -

HTXH

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL My newest vehicle is my '99 Murdersickle. My rigs are a '90 Dakota, an '88 Olds Trofeo, and an '84 Hurst/Olds (I don't even OWN anything with an airbag in it) LOL. My laptop finally got upgraded after six years (when it gave up the ghost last fall). And, if'n I could still fit in the clothes I wore in high school, I'd definitely be wearing them too... well... the ones that are fashionably "timeless" that is. LOL $800/mo in plane ticket to go to/from work every month takes a series hit to my fun money. The desire for awesome optics is there though.
Man spending $800 per month to go to work would put a kink in my budget for sure. I hope you and write that off at tax time.