Short Range Coyote Hunting w/IR Hunter MKIII 60mm For "Spurs"

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spurs had PM'd me and asked about use of the IR Hunter MKIII 60mm 4.5x thermal sight on shorter range hunting. He had been told that it was aweful inside of 100 yards. I found that interesting because I shoot a fair number of animals inside 100 yards with this scope. He mentioned shooting coon and such at short range, 30-40 yards, so when this coyote just sort of appeared on the other side of the road through the property from me, I seized the opportunity.

At the time of the shot, I had killed a skunk about an hour before that was maybe 20 yards from the coyote. I also had the electronic caller going with fighting bachelor boar noises...

Spurs

Absolutely awesome Brian!!

My wait just got a little longer because you just made my mind up on the 60mm. Thanks again!! Tom

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ahhhh I hate skunks!! Good vid though

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Spurs had PM'd me and asked about use of the IR Hunter MKIII 60mm 4.5x thermal sight on shorter range hunting. He had been told that it was aweful inside of 100 yards. I found that interesting because I shoot a fair number of animals inside 100 yards with this scope. He mentioned shooting coon and such at short range, 30-40 yards, so when this coyote just sort of appeared on the other side of the road through the property from me, I seized the opportunity.

At the time of the shot, I had killed a skunk about an hour before that was maybe 20 yards from the coyote. I also had the electronic caller going with fighting bachelor boar noises...

We'll call you EGarzaJr with your pole cat escapades.