Shooting Hogs WAY Across the Valley

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Whew, a bit more work than usual, but the TBPS surely appreciates your efforts!

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can kill at long distance if you shoot! Awesome Brian!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love the long shots. Good job guys.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down and some nice far shots!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is a long video, so I won't type as much. Six hogs down and recovered. All shot at least twice. Three shot at over 300 yards.

Reach out and touch 'em fellers! Nice work.

topwater

This is a long video, so I won't type as much. Six hogs down and recovered. All shot at least twice. Three shot at over 300 yards.

Good work. Two questions if I may:

Why do you think the scope doesn't display crosshairs on video out? Seems a hunter would want to see his POA when checking the replay.

What are you photographing the dead hogs with? I like how clear the images are.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hmmm, I believe I said the horizontal crosshair wasn't picked up on the recorder. The semantic issue is one of cause and effect. As far as I know, the scope is putting out the signal and that the issue isn't with the scope, but the recorder, or some relationship between the two. I don't know, LOL. Sometimes it shows on the recorder, sometimes not. Nobody I have spoken with has come up with a good explanation as to why this occurs. I have heard several theories about grounds, cycles, and some stuff I didn't understand, but nothing that anybody seems to be able to correct or to explain why the thick parts of the horizontal crosshairs do record. It happens with any of the brands that I have seen that are using an external recorder. Pulsar and ATN have internal recorders and I have seen it happen with ATN, but have not seen with it Pulsar that I can recall. Somebody may have the explanation, but I sure don't.

Camera? It is my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.