Shock Gobble Coyote

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Part of TBR's landowner's wildlife management plan is to reduce the hog and predator load with hopes of increasing his ground bird population. So I thought it was fitting to hear the turkeys cheering on my attempts to drop this female coyote. ;)

Unfortunately, I drifted off target and the first shot was too far back. The second shot was into the spinning furball of madness, but went a wee bit high. The 3rd shot nailed her.

Got to use my digital hanging scale for the first time. She came in at 29.3 lbs. Not sure the tenths matter, LOL. 29 is close enough.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Holy slinging turdballs Batman !!! First two hits looked pretty good. Nice lead on that third one to anchor her. LOL Love the gobblers sounding off too.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Im giggling thinking how difficult it must have been to have a call in your mouth while trying to aim at a moving wiley coyote bwhahahahah...
Great video!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video and excellent shooting on the run

Lrtx1

LSB Member
That's a good one, never heard one gobble after a gun shot. Heard them gobble at all sorts of things though.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Im giggling thinking how difficult it must have been to have a call in your mouth while trying to aim at a moving wiley coyote bwhahahahah...
Great video!

Yes, yes it was. I am working on the ball gag-type attachment design for the call, in fact. Off-the-shelf parts seem to be available from some unsavory businesses.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, yes it was. I am working on the ball gag-type attachment design for the call, in fact. Off-the-shelf parts seem to be available from some unsavory businesses.
Avoid the clearance/returns bin. LOL

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That 3rd shot really put the brakes on her. Good job.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang shot the crap out of her on first shot. Sometimes they are hard to,kill.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Real good lead on that last shot Brian, great footage.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome shot on the run! Enjoy the vids.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great lead shot on the runner - love to see them pile up like that.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I agree Dan even though I've never shot a coyote. Maybe bc their vitals are smaller and harder to hit than a hogs but based on size/weight, you would think they would go down easy when using a hog gun/ammo set up compared to how many of them jump and flip and run after a decent shot.