Several sounders in one field

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took a friend for a dose of thermal hunting, he now owns one thanks to BRD! This was the first field we went to, there were a lot of hogs but no way to get close to all of them. Some longer shots here, some misses- some hits. 4 recovered

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
M'be only 4 recovered, but, I think the buzzards ate better than that.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now your talkin!! SMACKO!! Nice shooting, a couple of them were Dandys!! BANG BANG!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done. It is interesting to seem multiple sounders in the same place. I heard an "expert" speaking on how sounders were territorial and examples like that make me question this. They may have territories, but I don't see where they defend them or that they don't overlap. Apparently, they do overlap and they don't defend them.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Very nice shooting at those ranges! Congrats.

Your videos, Brian's and the rest are building the excitement for my son and my GA hog hunt right after the new year!

JPK

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty good shooting by your friend! Good hogs down.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That 2nd hog was a great shot! Good stuff.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pretty good shooting by your friend! Good hogs down.
He was only observing on this group. Needless to say he was pretty excited! But he did get one later that night.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sounders . . . ?? We have actually seen three different sounders,each with a lead sow,all come together in the same field.
They all will feed together,but when disturbed,or they wind something,they will all go off following THEIR lead sow. --- pruhdlr

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Some good shooting , but you're going to have to cUT some of those fields when thever rain will let you get out into the fields .

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done. It is interesting to seem multiple sounders in the same place. I heard an "expert" speaking on how sounders were territorial and examples like that make me question this. They may have territories, but I don't see where they defend them or that they don't overlap. Apparently, they do overlap and they don't defend them.
I've watched multiple sounders in the same field on many occasions. Reminds me of schools of fish, they may spread out a lititle but they do not intermingle much and if anything spooks them they quickly group up tight in the separate sounders.

D

djones

i can't believe all the hits you made. you sure had them dancing. i think you would have killed more with a blue crosshair.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've watched multiple sounders in the same field on many occasions. Reminds me of schools of fish, they may spread out a lititle but they do not intermingle much and if anything spooks them they quickly group up tight in the separate sounders.

Yeah, so I am not sure where said 'experts' are getting this sort of territorial issue. They don't have territories so much as home ranges (I think) and those home ranges certainly may overlap particularly when there is a juicy resource available. They don't defend it at all. One of the guys was a speaker at the hog/predator show in Waco a couple of years ago who mostly hunts back east. He had a diagram of sounders he was removing and none of their ranges overlapped .... which maybe is why he assumed they were territorial?

Regardless, cool to see. I have seen it a few times, multiple sounders, always on a big field with resources available to be exploited.

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice shootin, techs!

Lopping off the branches of several family trees...

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang Lance you were extra steady that go round. Great shooting!