Saturday Night Haul

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I had a little energy after work Saturday and took a co-worker hunting. We ended up with 2 hogs and a coyote for the night. The one on the left is a 265 pound boar and the right a 210 pound sow. The coyote, well, he is a coyote. He was just laying in the orchard. We sat and watched him for 2-3 minutes and he just watched us back. Jordan wanted to shoot so I said go for it. He was a young male and showed it in his actions.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
No. This was in a different orchard. Limpy lives on in K9 happiness.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I don't either. He is like the orchard pet. The badgers, on the other hand, are turning that place into a broken axle waiting to happen. Their are bowling ball diameter sized holes everywhere. I guess I am going to have to get some snares and eliminate a few of them. I can't seem to catch them out and about at night and they keep spreading further into the area.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't either. He is like the orchard pet. The badgers, on the other hand, are turning that place into a broken axle waiting to happen. Their are bowling ball diameter sized holes everywhere. I guess I am going to have to get some snares and eliminate a few of them. I can't seem to catch them out and about at night and they keep spreading further into the area.
I used to run a trap line as a kid still have all my steel traps ill bring some next time.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've never trapped before. I trapped a few hogs, but not for very long.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent job!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks guys. The co-worker thar came along shot his first and second hogs with night vision. Need less to say he is hooked. Hog number two was big papa pecan eater too! He was to my left in while I was recording the shooting. I need another recording device and a camera man to catch all the action!

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang get to hunt with Alex is a couple of weeks can't wait.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rob, you going out with RD?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Frank not sure when he going I am at end of the month. If so what will be a Funtime for sure!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What are you going to hunt? You with an outfitter?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rob is coming to hunt with T-Bone Outfitters at the end of January. I don't know about RD. I haven't heard much from him in a while. He must be back on the job in AK.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry, I knew that but read Alaska in my old age...LOL

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey Frank I am not to far behind you

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got home this morning, took me a nap... a 7hr. nap. LOL

Cooked me up a pot of vegetable beef soup, and kicking back to catch up on things while munching on some hearty goodness.

Haven't booked with Alex yet... but, it's on my bucket list. Nice haul there Alex... hmmm... haven't shot me a 'yote yet either.