Santa (Me) bought my Christmas present early...

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And its the new LWRC Six8 SPR. Local guy got a hold of one and since I want to fast track the form 1 on the lower I went ahead and plopped down some money and got it in the truck with me. I was gonna buy the stripped receiver sets on the 6.8 forums group buy, but if there is one thing that holds constant in the firearms world, its that manufacturers are never on time releasing something so why wait and risk losing the ability to form 1. Picked up a few pmags for it as he had them in stock. It is a pretty slick and light weight rifle I must say. I will get the chance later this week to zero the gun and run it through its paces.

Pics later when I get home. Stay tuned!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats, you got more money than I do, so I cannot even think about it.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I sold one of my other guns over on the other forum so I spent just a little more than what I got back from that transaction. I would not have bought this gun without those funds and would've waited on the stripped receivers to save money. Everything just kinda fell into place with this. Also the best part about this is that I have learned how and who will sign off as a CLEO in my county. The dealer is a class 3 dealer as well and guarantees the ability to get the CLEO to sign off as "he knows him well". I will be putting this to the test in the future to verify it.

Its possible I struck gold with this purchase considering the networking possibilities with the CLEO.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you can have it before the stamp unlike a silencer?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I cant have anything in my possession NFA wise without a stamp unless I am doing the form 1 which I fill out myself, but i cannot put a SBR upper on the lower until i have the stamp back. So for the mean time the 16" upper stays on the lower. If this dealer comes through with his guarantee of a CLEO signoff then that means I am covered on all my pending applications I submitted with a trust that may not be approved before the ATF implements their new rule as it is possible, though unlikely, that my applications get kicked back. And in the future I should be able to continue purchasing NFA toys by being able to get a CLEO sign off.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am so confused why it is not legal to own all these things w/o a special permission!

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What is the biggest draw of the LWRC guns. I took a look at one in 6.8 quit a a while ago at Scott's in Jay,Fla. It was super nice, however, for the (IIRC) $2750 or so I'm thinkin' how much better could this gun be for the average shooter/hunter than a Bison or *** ?? Is it all about the piston ?? --- pruhdlr

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well this one is the NEW Six8 as they call it. still piston whole new platform, Upper and lower are proprietary and not compatible w the AR15 and accepts the new 6.8 Pmags.

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What is the biggest draw of the LWRC guns. I took a look at one in 6.8 quit a a while ago at Scott's in Jay,Fla. It was super nice, however, for the (IIRC) $2750 or so I'm thinkin' how much better could this gun be for the average shooter/hunter than a Bison or *** ?? Is it all about the piston ?? --- pruhdlr

I paid nowhere near $2750. It is still more expensive than the vast majority of ARs, but no other 68s are compatible to PMAGs. This new platform is designed around the 6.8 round as opposed to modifying the 5.56 to accommodate the 6.8. I am not all that huge on pistons in general, but when shooting suppressed it does have some advantages.

Last edited:

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Now I just need to make a decision on optics. Should I go daytime with the 3x9 or should I go close quarters and night time with the Aimpoint Pro?

ad8d535c-8f65-48ee-88be-abb3ae95aba4_zps86e23433.jpg

11C567C4-74E5-4084-9CC1-BF367B9CFB91_zpswhssxckn.jpg

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
gonna be a hog whacker! either way

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet, congrats.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice gun, but dude, your floor is gorgeous! Did you do that?

ppapago

Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thats actually my kitchen table. I posted the same pictures on 68forums and i got a lot of comments about my floor. I was like...well i like the wood and all, but its nothing that great. It took me a while but then I realized from the angle it looks like the table is the floor. Haha.

I am actually standing on a chair looking down.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The things we do to showcase our weapons!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter