Reloading Bench Picture thread

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now, here's where ya got me. I need to make a hole. My spare bedroom needs an excavator taken to it to yard out the old stuff I don't use anymore... pull up the carpet in there and lay some suitable flooring that is broom friendly... and get my gear set up. Right now... it's in boxes in there, waiting to get set up.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
DSC01147_zps8451c39f.jpg

DSC01148_zps4eb91ef8.jpg

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is a pic of the private range setup. Very nice to charge and seat at the range for on the fly adjustments. Saves a lot of time for load development, plus no pulling bullets. The main bench is way too messy for a pic.
rsz_img_20130330_174022_055.jpg

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like that Wassman. With my bolt gun right now I load up different loads of 5 rds each and drive 10 mins to shoot. Any changes I have to drive home and repeat process!! Sucks

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like that Wassman. With my bolt gun right now I load up different loads of 5 rds each and drive 10 mins to shoot. Any changes I have to drive home and repeat process!! Sucks
The hardest part is getting the scale accurate and repeatable. I found that a beam scale is out of the question and I set my charge master (scale only) inside the truck with a clear plastic container covering it. I am not gonna get as accurate as making them on my bench, but gets me in the ball park. Help a lot when testing new components, but for very fine tuning they are stuck to the bench. I guess I could pre measure the charges, just have to figure something out for storage of different charge weights. Having pre measured charges would also cut down a lot of equipment that needs to be taken to the range, probably could fit everything in my range bag.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The hardest part is getting the scale accurate and repeatable. I found that a beam scale is out of the question and I set my charge master (scale only) inside the truck with a clear plastic container covering it. I am not gonna get as accurate as making them on my bench, but gets me in the ball park. Help a lot when testing new components, but for very fine tuning they are stuck to the bench. I guess I could pre measure the charges, just have to figure something out for storage of different charge weights. Having pre measured charges would also cut down a lot of equipment that needs to be taken to the range, probably could fit everything in my range bag.

So? Preload your casings and cork them for the ride. Do your seating at the range. Get creative on your corking methods... think outside the box. For example, if you don't wanna buy a bunch of corks (literally), use a strip of leather to cover a row of filled cases in an ammo box... some foam to compress (ensuring the seal) on top of it when the lid is closed... and a rubber band to keep the lid closed. No?

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? Preload your casings and cork them for the ride. Do your seating at the range. Get creative on your corking methods... think outside the box. For example, if you don't wanna buy a bunch of corks (literally), use a strip of leather to cover a row of filled cases in an ammo box... some foam to compress (ensuring the seal) on top of it when the lid is closed... and a rubber band to keep the lid closed. No?
Ya something like that would do. I think tiny corks is the way to go. I will have to look around and see what I can find.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ya something like that would do. I think tiny corks is the way to go. I will have to look around and see what I can find.
All the neighborhood kids sobbing as they discover their pop guns no longer have ammo.

JamesB74

LSB Member
Your range looks familiar…..Is that pc. of .458S brass in the grass?

Pitbull will you give us some more info on your bench? Like is the Kobalt box sitting below the bench or is the top of it a part of the bench? And what is your length with the wooden part and the tool box also? That is a pretty cool idea. And I am needing to re-work the way my little shop is laid out.

Pitbull

LSB Member

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have two good size benches and they are still too small. The bigger you go the more stuff you seem to need