Refurbed PVS-4 w/gen 3 tube

Taco

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Since you guys are ignoring my nv queries I'll go ahead and ask another, lol, jk. These units are out there at pretty cheap prices. I've had a few people out to hunt with me, and I've come to the conclusion that I don't like them using my gear.......rifle with Zeus, my helmet, my pvs14, other rifle with an ir laser, no, I don't like it. It's like the guy with the new q14 said, they're more interested in not dropping their beer over the thermal monoc. But, there are friends and family I'd like to get involved. These things look bomb proof and they are pretty cheap. I was thinking maybe it would be a viable guest optic on plain AR. I can't tell much from YouTube vids. Any thoughts?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
tag to watch

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If it has a decent tube in it they are really nice. IIRC they are 4x, big lens, and a nice FOV. Been a while since I've looked through one. Just big and heavy.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Is the 25mm gen 3 tube old technology? This seems like the cheapest way to get a viable, mil spec, good quality, dedicated scope. It would be used from blinds and a rest. It's either this or something like the x sight.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
so Taco, where are you seeing these and what are they asking?

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
$2131. They're not a sponsor. Pm'ed you.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks Taco, yeah I cannot do business w them...is that not close to the price
Night Combat Solutions has them on sale for with a better tube?

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey I'm an NCS man all the way. They have these?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks, I finally figured that out...lol

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
What are thoughts on pvs4 in general. I'm not a huge fan of **** anyway. But what is the optic like?

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I like the PVS4 except for the size and weight. If it is a nice tube they will look really good, gather a lot of light with that big lens and 4x magnification. At the price listed above, with a nice tube in it would make a great NV starter scope.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
While not a huge digital fan if you are looking to supply new hunters or people you are worried about damaging things I think a digital or cheap thermal is in order. Thermal and digital is pretty hard to mess up 3rd Gen nigh visor vmcan get destroyed fairly easy. I keep my night vision away from others.

Ncorry

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got an Armasight Nemesis 4x gen 2 white phosphor for a buddy, and liked it so much I got another one for my dad. Both through NCS. The only thing I'd improve on them is the mounts, and Aaron is working that out.