Recording through the viewfinder with a GoPro

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As small as the actual components of the DVR are if you integrate them into the scope, I'll be surprised if that doesn't become a common thing. Having it all in one package would be sweet. I just don't have the confidence to crack open my scope and tap the OLED screen feed to run it directly to the DVR...

If you watch various recordings that folks have posted, you'll see that often the reticle for example is not complete, there's detail missing. In my comparison video on full screen you can see that happening even with the small reticle I have displayed. On full screen you really can see a lot more difference between the two.

It looks to me that not only is the video output using it's own contrast/brightness settings that are independent of the viewfinder settings, but the menu overlay is recreated as well. If you look at the DVR menus, there is a boxing around them to set them off from the background and the font is slightly different it's more bold.

It also appears the video output is not showing every horizontal line either.

With the DVR it often looks like this:
MXmm4xv.png

When it should look like this:
JsGYWPb.png

And the smaller reticle:

DVR
Pa5cIf1.png

GoPro
fFQ7ngJ.png

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well here's next weeks project!!! My old school Pulsar N550 Recorder's been out for about 2.5 years now.