rechargeable batteries

JPK

LSB Active Member
Here are some photos of the UNV battery pack mounted on my 6.8. Remember, I am left handed. I was remounting the battery on this lower after moving it to another lower, and a couple of cable routes with minor differences are shown.

Bottom View:

FWIW, I never notice the zip ties across the top of the stock when shooting.

Regarding rail mounting, yes, very possible on one side or the other, or on the bottom. And if you were going to be changing uppers on a lower this would be the way to go, to avoid cutting wire ties and then re-wire tying ever time you changed the upper.

Hope this helps,

JPK

Last edited:

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sir, you have some beautiful twice barrel shootguns.

JPK

LSB Active Member
Thanks. I am a fan of all types of firearms.

I didn't mean to set up the contrast, just took the photos with the AR in the gun rest on my gun desk because the rest, cleaning vise and AR block in my gun room were all occupied. But an interesting contrast the photos makes. That matched pair of 12ga side locks was made by W. W. Greener in 1919. I had the single shown below the AR made in 1986 as a "travel gun" and I have used it bird hunting extensively, here and in South America. The pair gets hunted too, but only when I know the hunt isn't the type that will beat the guns. Driven birds with a loader is what they were built for, and I have had the opportunity to use them for that.

JPK

Last edited:

Wildfowler

Mis'sippi
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks for taking the time to post all those pics. Thinking about this some more, I'll bet that battery pack would be in the way of my pig saddle if I tried to put it on the rail.

I currently have my DVR cabletied to my stock, I would need to piggy back both of them together or in the same pouch if possible.

Where do you keep your DVR?

Thanks

Last edited:

JPK

LSB Active Member
You are welcome.

I don't use a DVR, I have enough trouble getting it together, I figured I wouldn't handicap myself further, at least yet.

I wonder where Tyler, owner of UNV, puts his DVR. I know he uses both the DVR and the remote battery pack? He also uses a tripod that mounts to the bottom of the handguard, iirc. I saw a couple of his videos and I'll take a look and see where he is mounting his battery pack and DVR.

JPK

JPK

LSB Active Member
I found a photo of Tyler's AR with the MKII mounted and it looks like he is using one larger pouch to hold both the DVR and the battery pack. When I get to my desk top I'll try to copy and paste the image.

JPK

Last edited:

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I just got 200 123 lithiums from battery junction for under 100 cents a pieces, that seemed to be the "push over" point to get under a dollar. The price drops roughly logarithmically with increase in volume.
My use pattern for 123s is now bifurcated ... low change devices like small ir-illuminators on helmets or LRF, use rechargeables ... high change rate items like thermals use lithiums ...
I carry 4 x 123s on helmet pouch and another string of 10x in my left pants pocket. That gives me an average of 7 spare 123s on a given outing and that is enough for most outings averaging 2 hours. For longer outings I would take pack with another couple of 10x strings.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That is where I get my 123 lith energizers