Range day with the new Razorback

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Took my new Razorback to an outdoor range beautiful day in Carolina 70 low humidity. Due to 30 rd mad can't shoot off rest mag to long. So I did my best off hand and had fair results. Got on target using the free Gold Dots. I was shooting suppressed with my YHM Phantom SS weights 33 oz. with the new SSA-E trigger. The Z6i 1.7 x 10 is amazing. I was able,to,get 3"to 4" MOA off hand at a 100 yds. Wish I had brought my shooting sticks. It's recoil was more than I get out of my other 6.8. Gun cycled well no FTF. Brass was ejecting at 2 to 3 o'clock. It makes me think it is a tad over gassed. Still a pleasure to,shoot. Can't wait to cut down some Mags so I can get better MOAs. Still a A+. The SSA-E trigger was so crisp. I have on most of my rifles G two stage high sppeed match. This trigger broke a little different still all,are great triggers.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got'chu a hotrod bang-stick now, eh? We expect all sorts of hog slaying videos with all the bells and whistles now.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to go kill some Razorbacks!

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Took my new Razorback to an outdoor range beautiful day in Carolina 70 low humidity. Due to 30 rd mad can't shoot off rest mag to long. So I did my best off hand and had fair results. Got on target using the free Gold Dots. I was shooting suppressed with my YHM Phantom SS weights 33 oz. with the new SSA-E trigger. The Z6i 1.7 x 10 is amazing. I was able,to,get 3"to 4" MOA off hand at a 100 yds. Wish I had brought my shooting sticks. It's recoil was more than I get out of my other 6.8. Gun cycled well no FTF. Brass was ejecting at 2 to 3 o'clock. It makes me think it is a tad over gassed. Still a pleasure to,shoot. Can't wait to cut down some Mags so I can get better MOAs. Still a A+. The SSA-E trigger was so crisp. I have on most of my rifles G two stage high sppeed match. This trigger broke a little different still all,are great triggers.

Just got my yhm 6.8 upper on a colt sporter lower dialed in. Shooting suppressed its ejecting to the 2 o'clock like yours. Shooting 115 fusion at 100 I had 4 touching holes with a 3x9 Accupoint. You gonna do anything about the overgassing.....should I?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Taco I am not sure with this rifle what to do I need to study this and talk with LWRC and get their opion. My other 6.8 rifles eject around 4 o'clock which is perfect. The LWRC has a H2 buffer which is heavier but don't think that is the deal.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just got my yhm 6.8 upper on a colt sporter lower dialed in. Shooting suppressed its ejecting to the 2 o'clock like yours. Shooting 115 fusion at 100 I had 4 touching holes with a 3x9 Accupoint. You gonna do anything about the overgassing.....should I?
If you have a DI rifle,you might need and adjustable gas block and tune your rounds for,suppressor. That is exactly what I did of my one of my uppers.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
But essentially with the over gas we're wearing parts faster?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
But essentially with the over gas we're wearing parts faster?
I would say yes. The over gas causes the extractor to work harder and the BCG is moving faster. One issue of the over gas is that the brass does not have time to release from the chamber and can cause a FTF failure to feed. Brass still in chamber new bullet can't feed. I hope this is an easy way to explain. Other might want to chime in that know lot's more than me. If I,remember correctly the timing it off. Hard on brass if you reload and hard on rifle parts

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Rob I have a 5.56 lwrc m6a2 and it's a great rifle. Hope your 6.8 lwrc works out because I'm going to buy one. For the $ that thing should be %100.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Rob I have a 5.56 lwrc m6a2 and it's a great rifle. Hope your 6.8 lwrc works out because I'm going to buy one. For the $ that thing should be %100.
I am not concerend they will do,the right thing. Does your m6a2 have a suppressor setting?

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am not concerend they will do,the right thing. Does your m6a2 have a suppressor setting?

No. It's "self regulating." Not as quiet as a DI gun suppressed to my ears.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yep piston guns are louder but I have not seen a difference in my POF piston rifles with suppressor. I am shooting a YHM Phantom in 30 cal in SS I have a Ti in jail that I,am waiting on hopefully any day now.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have yhm too. It's what my local dealer has in stock. All the QD Flashes make it easy so I'm kinda all in on yhm. Have the standard .30 cal and next week am going to buy the TI.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter