Quiet Rattleless Mag

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just noticed my one 20 round Mag sounds like a rattle-trap fishing lure!

I've got 1 Bushmaster 5 round clip that's really quiet and a 10 round PMag that's fairly quiet.

I'm wanting a quiet 20 rounder. Any suggestions?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have P-mags, pri, and ASC mags none make any noise that I can tell.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Maybe a really small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro on the mag where it just barely engages the receiver, but will still drop free. I've never tried it and may not be the best solution, but something to at least try. It may just bind things up or cause issues, but you never know.

I have PRI and ASC mags for both my 6.8 and 7.62x39 AR15s. Both brands are quiet and work great. (As long as I keep the chocolate miles away from them)

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i had a mag that rattled a little, i tightened up the mag release 1 turn and it went away. doesn't work much on heavy rattle but worked in my situation

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Maybe a really small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro on the mag where it just barely engages the receiver, but will still drop free.

Obviously not the same rifle, but I did this on my Rem 788 bolt gun with 1 mag. It took care of about 80% of the noise. Of course, this wasn't ever a drop-free situation.

I have had very good luck with P-Mags and also two old Thermold mags. I got the Thermolds years ago and was fairly astounded by the fact that they worked so well, but also were so quiet because they fit snugly without binding.