Put a pretty good whoopin on em Sunday evening (new Pulsar units)

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Suh-Weet !!

Very nice!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good pig slayage right there. Quiet gun.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Virgin sounder! Awesome! Great job!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down! The train helped confused them and slowed them down ...

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^Nope some super dumb ones. If you get the luxury of plenty of time to watch a sounder before you start shooting, try to figure out which ones are the leaders and take them out first. Also, if the wind and land work for you, try to get between the pigs and their cover. This behavior isn't always predictable but you can stack the deck in your favor with some planning.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video!

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great vidjeo and shooting md. Enjoyed watching but I must say that next door here in Fannin County after the first shot us bumpkins aren't sure if it's the bullets or the pigs going supersonic. I'd ask to glom on a hunt with you in high-toned Grayson County but fear the end result would be me buying more thermal, lol.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^theyre normally way spookier but we learn the land super good and work the wind. Working the wind makes all the difference in the world. I like it blowing as hard as it can. We drove the mule pro within 200 yards of the sounder by rolling in from the proper downwind approach. You can do the same stuff in Fannin. They're pig cousins / neighbors after all. Also use the proper firepower. Chunk your 300 blackout or 223 and pick up a 6.8.

LSB Active Member
I've been meaning to ask how you guys might suggest I get these hogs away from their quick exit setup. Our hogs are coming out of the southern swamp and river, through a state preserve and over a fence to eat our rye grass fields for the cattle. I've scanned the middle and northern parts of the property and still have yet to see a single hog/yote and even went into the woods at night it's a ghost town still very dry up there. Having said that you can guess they don't get more than about 20 yards from the fence at any time b/c they have about 2 miles of fence line to patrol. I thought about a roll barrel, but we have traps full of corn that have sat untouched for the better part of a month now they walk right past them to the rye.

Thoughts on getting these hogs out in the open more for some extra time to shoot?

fanninland

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^^theyre normally way spookier but we learn the land super good and work the wind. Working the wind makes all the difference in the world. I like it blowing as hard as it can. We drove the mule pro within 200 yards of the sounder by rolling in from the proper downwind approach. You can do the same stuff in Fannin. They're pig cousins / neighbors after all. Also use the proper firepower. Chunk your 300 blackout or 223 and pick up a 6.8.

Agreed on all counts md - working the wind is paramount, and been using the 6.8 since the pre-Blackstone Arms days (never owned a 300bo, never saw the need). Took a nice boar at 190 yds last night (no wind) with a Texas heart shot from a 12.5" 6.8. Based on what I've seen from a friend who hunted a short time with a b/o, the 6.8 gives me much more confidence for those longer (as well as shorter) shots.

mdmorrow

Night Vision Outfitters
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Agreed on all counts md - working the wind is paramount, and been using the 6.8 since the pre-Blackstone Arms days (never owned a 300bo, never saw the need). Took a nice boar at 190 yds last night (no wind) with a Texas heart shot from a 12.5" 6.8. Based on what I've seen from a friend who hunted a short time with a b/o, the 6.8 gives me much more confidence for those longer (as well as shorter) shots.
Totally agree. I tried to make the 300 aac happen but after countless runoffs I gave up on it. I still have a single shot handi rifle and a Noveske sbr but they don't get used much. I'm running a 16" and 12.5" sbr in 6.8. Both build pretty high end and I couldn't be happier with them.